Fashion Design course was established with the aim of providing professional home study and classroom-based courses to students across the United Kingdom. Over the years our reputation has grown and we are now proud to offer our students fully accredited BTEC Higher National Certificate and Higher National Diploma Courses in Fashion Design.
Whether you want to gain a foundation in the basics of fashion design, launch a career in this dynamic area or start your own business we have the course for you. When paired with the feedback and guidance you will receive from your personal tutor, our courses will give you everything you need to build a successful career in fashion design.
Put most simply, it is the job of the fashion designer to create designs, choose fabrics and patterns, and guide manufacturers on how to make original fashion pieces. Other duties might include:
- Keeping up-to-date with current fashion trends to inform work and keep fashion brand relevant
- Create individual pieces or collections – for collections, it is necessary to create a theme that ties the collection together
- Bring designs to life using CAD (computer-aided drawing)
- Work alongside other team members to fabricate designs
- Pitch ideas to Creative Directors
As a designer, it’s likely you’ll work in a team with other creative individuals, all working towards the same season or collection.
Our courses in the Arab region and the Middle East are conducted in cooperation with Gorgeous Group
for Development and Investment in the field of fashion design