Leadership is the art of influencing not only one’s subordinates, but also one’s peers and superiors in the accomplishment of a common objective. This Training Course proposes a model for effective front line oilfield leadership as the embodiment of five traits—self-awareness, humility, honesty, courage, and persistence—and the adoption of five habits— leading by example from the front, knowing your people, treating people as they can and should be, communicating effectively, and being decisive (but not in a vacuum). The focus is on leadership at the front line, where technical staff interacts with field staff to accomplish the mission.
On this training course you will learn about utilising powerful leadership and management techniques to control your work environment, how to pro-actively influence others; identify and control risks and hazards, as well as create a climate and culture for improved safety using key behavioural safety coaching and techniques. This training course is essential for those operating and working in high hazard and critical safety operations.
By the end of this training Course, participants will be able to:
- Appreciate and understand each of the three dimensions of the training seminar:
- Oil, gas and petrochemical trends,
- Strategic thinking
- Develop action plans that link strategy to achieving and sustaining profitable growth
- Evaluate, select and apply key strategic planning frameworks
- Improve leadership skills to create a systematic approach to business analysis and strategy execution
- Identify priorities for continued personal and team development
Who should attend?
- Strategic and Operational Planning Specialists
- Financial Managers and Financial Analysts
- Business Development Specialists
- Sales and Marketing Staff
- Logistics and Supply Chain Specialists
- Human Resource Specialists
Leadership in the Oil and Gas context
- What do we mean by leadership in the Oil and Gas industry
- The Differences between Leadership and Management
- How can we turn Leadership theory into practical action?
- Turning leadership theory into practical leadership
- Leadership styles
Oil, Gas and Petrochemical Industry – Challenges and Opportunities
- Macroeconomic Relationships – Companies, Governments & Institutions
- What is driving a structural shift in each of the three (3) sectors?
- OPEC and Non-OPEC Players and the Major Markets
- Strategic Challenges and Opportunities Facing the Industry
- Organisational Design and Business Models
Strategic thinking in the Oil and Gas industry context
- Importance of strategy
- Differences between Oil and Gas strategy and operations
- Critical thinking and problem solving frameworks
- Developing a strategic plan
- Monitoring strategic performance
- How to Prepare, Implement and Develop a Strategic Plan
- Monitoring Strategic Performance and Learning for the Future
Contributing to an Analysis of Strategic Risk
- What is a strategic risk, and why is it important?
- Understanding the Risk Management Process
- Tools and Techniques of Risk Analysis and Risk Management
- Application of the Risk Management Process at the Strategic Level
- How to develop your strategic Risk Management System?
Oil and Gas leadership and strategic thinking workshop
- Applying Strategic Leadership for Team Development
- Leveraging Innovative Leadership Skills
- Developing a Strategic Thinking Culture in Your Team
- Key Learning Points and Summary
- Developing a Personal Plan to Use in Organisation
- Strategic leadership for team development