Monday 13 Apr 2020
- Duration: One Week
- City: Paris
- Fees: 3800 GBP
Monday 13 Apr 2020
This course is designed to guide buyers and managers of FM services through the methods of developing a procurement strategy to meet business needs and accomplish a ‘best value’ solution.
Participants will be shown how to decide the correct procurement strategy through profiling current services, comprehending the actual service requirements and establishing the true cost of service delivery.
The structure and content of service contracts and how to specify services clearly and concisely will be explained and participants will learn how to set meaningful service levels to aid performance measurement and control costs.
This course will enhance the participants’ commercial awareness and enable them to:
The procurement processes
– Setting procurement outcomes.
– Who should be involved?
– Reviewing current service provision.
– Service profiling.
– Current cost and future budget.
– Impact of business objectives.
– Determining a contract strategy.
– Driving out unnecessary costs.
– Setting expectations.
– Culture and constraints.
– Planning and control.
– Contractual relationship style (partnering, alliance, etc).
Comprehending service contracts
– Contract document structure.
– Terms and conditions.
– What type of specification?
– Pitfalls of supplier contracts.
– How to draft service specifications?
– How to structure pricing schedules?
The tender process
– How to control the process?
– Deadlines and responsibilities.
– Getting the best from bidders.
– Structured evaluation methods.
– Understanding the price!
– Running an effective tender board.
– Interviewing and negotiation techniques.
– Completing the deal efficiently and effectively.
– Resourcing (client, contractor)
– Communication issues.
– Establishing working relationships.
– Interpreting the contract.
– Setting KPIs.
– Meetings and documentation.
– Anticipating and resolving common problems.
– How to focus on strategic management?
– Driving innovation.
– Managing performance and costs.
– Measurement made easy.
– Dispute management.
– Reviews, development, extensions and re-tendering.
– Useful tips on managing specific services.