To manage an office effectively you need at first to manage yourself, and then manage your time, tasks, and others in order to achieve maximum success. This course will help increase your motivation and confidence through comprehending of principles and best practices of successful office management.
You will have the knowledge of how to prioritise, plan, and solve problems not just to get your work done on time, but to have continuous enhancement in productivity. You will learn to communicate more confidently in public, meetings, and with all levels of staff, including managing difficult behaviours. Finally, you will gain self-management skills which will help you to deal with stress, keep a ‘can do’ positive attitude, and enjoy your job each day no matter what the challenges are.
- Think like a Manager – planning, making decisions and solving problems.
- Prioritise and deal with multiple tasks without missing deadlines.
- Communicate effectively and assertively at all levels and in all situations.
- Manage your thoughts and feelings to enhance self-confidence and self-empowerment.
- Manage paperwork, diaries, meetings, presentations, and phones more effectively.
Effective Administrative Skills
- Tackling the power of the mind – through Mind Mapping Techniques.
- Planning skills – using a Gannt chart to chart work progress.
- Managing larger projects to meet deadlines.
- Decision Making tools.
- Problem solving and decision-making techniques.
Taking Control of your Work Life
- Comprehending and clarifying purpose, vision and mission.
- Handling, prioritising and organising your work.
- The secret to working smarter rather than harder.
- Making your office user friendly.
- Streamlining your office systems and getting your paperwork under control.
Developing as a Professional
- Listening skills – trying to understand before being understood.
- Making a professional image.
- Leadership skills.
- Learn the essentials of planning a presentation.
- How to make presentations with confidence and power?
Important Communication Skills
- Different styles of communication.
- Win-win conflict resolution.
- Learning to be more assertive.
- Comprehending and using body language.
- Comprehending different personality types and how to deal with them.
Self-Empowerment and Self-Management
- Comprehending stress and learning coping skills.
- The vital skills of emotional intelligence.
- Using emotional intelligence at work.
- Becoming a more proactive, responsible and self-aware person.
- Transforming fear and negativity and reactive-ness.