This course covers advanced strategies, tools, and technologies used to sort, categorise, manage, store, preserve (archive), and deliver essential business records in support of business processes.
In this course you will learn how to:
- Comprehend advanced records management policies, procedures and standards including ISO15489 and ISO27001.
- Improve key strategies for meeting compliance, legal and audit requirements.
- Make records management business methods like electronic file plan, retention and disposal rules, security rules, archiving, confidentiality and privacy.
- Connect records management systems and implement across your organisation.
- Explore the implications of an Enterprise Content Management (ECM) strategy in relation with records management and information security.
- Comprehend advanced records management policies, methods, standards including information security standards.
- Help Enhance business case and requirements for the selection and procurement of document and records management.
- Create a records management and information security plan of action to implement in their organisation and learn from best practice implementations and case studies.
- Learn advanced concepts for managing information and records, such workflow, file plan, archiving, auditing, compliance and version control.
- Review industry leading solutions and vendors in this marketplace.
- Using metadata, business classification scheme, taxonomy and setting retention plans
- Learn how to implement legislation, standards and regulation.
- Create advanced policies and procedures.
- Setting up access controls and security procedures.
- Develop storage models, audit trail and storage technologies.
Strategy and Comprehending key elements
- Introduce advanced records management, ISO15489.
- Review information security ISO27001.
- Creating records management audit register.
- Create file plans, metadata plan, retention schedule.
- Understanding security and compliance.
Concepts and set up components
- Business classification scheme and taxonomy.
- Document control.
- Metadata and indexing.
- Classification schemes.
- Compliance, controls and security.
- Legislation, standards and regulation.
IT Process and delivery
- Review IT records management systems.
- Review ECM systems.
- Scanning and legal issues.
- Archiving and retention requirements.
- Digital signatures.
- Implementation planning.
- Setting up controls for ISO15489 and ISO27001.
- Creating policies and procedures.
- Creating a records management action plan.
Introduction to case studies
- Group 1 – Strategy.
- Group 2 – Concepts.
- Group 3 – Process.
- Evaluation and discussion.