Organizational development (OD) is an effort to increase an organization’s effectiveness and viability and can involve the whole organization. Organisational development (OD) can be used as a proactive, continuous approach to facilitate better business performance. It can create a culture shift, reducing staff turnover and making an organisation more productive – for short term performance improvement and long term capability development. Despite this many organisations are not currently utilising an integrated OD approach, and HR professionals and others working with OD often struggle to articulate exactly what OD is and the value it offers.
The Advanced OD Practitioners Programme is for experienced OD practitioners who want to deepen their practice and impact within complex organizational and networked environments. This Course explores the dynamic between the practitioner and the wider organisation and system in OD practice.
The Benefits of this Programme:
(*) Benefits for Organisations
On completing Roffey Park’s OD Practitioners Programme, your OD professional will:
- Be an effective OD practitioner within their organisation
- Be able to lead change management programmes with more confidence and impact
- Have the skillset, tools and techniques to influence effectively
- Be capable of communicating across all levels and in challenging situations
- Have a greater awareness of what influences people’s ability to embrace change in organisations and understand how to intervene effectively Initiate and follow through participative approaches to complex change
(**) Benefits for OD Practitioners
- Build your confidence and impact as an OD practitioner.
- Increase your self-awareness by identifying strengths and development needs in relation to a set of OD practitioner capabilities.
- Broaden your knowledge of the history and roots of OD practice and increase your influencing and facilitation skills.
- Develop a systemic approach to identifying OD needs.
- Improve your knowledge of group dynamics and your ‘use of self’ and their impact on your OD practice.
- Grow your network of like-minded OD Practitioners in parallel roles across sectors
Demystifying the Organisation
- What is OD and What value does it add?
- Demystifying the organisation and working with organisational models
- Looking at the organisation as a whole and ‘thinking in layers’
- The OD Mindset: thinking systemically
- Making sense of OD interventions
Seeing the System
- Diagnostic vs dialogic approaches,
- Problems as patterns,
- levers for change
Intervening in Complexity
- Personal resourcefulness and power
- Dialogue and group process consulting skills
- Human Systems Dynamics
- Understanding organisational culture and dominant mental maps
- Adaptive challenges
- Planned and emergent change
- Working through case study examples
- Traditional and contemporary approaches
- Relationship between organisation development and organisation design
- Organisation design models