Sunday 06 Sep 2020
- Duration: One Week
- City: Dubai
- Fees: 3950 GBP
Sunday 06 Sep 2020
This intensive course will guide you through the management of all supply chain activity including issues related to both domestic and global supply chains. Comprehensive, unique coverage encompasses operations, purchasing, logistics, and process integration.
Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
• Understand a supply chain and define supply chain management.
• Understand the objectives and components of supply chain management.
• Recognise local, regional, and global supply chain management activities
• Comprehend a brief history and current trends in supply chain management.
• Comprehend the bullwhip effect and how it impacts the supply chain.
Supply Chain Management: An Overview
• Definition of Supply chain management.
• The vital role of supply chain management.
• The history of supply chain management.
• The fundamentals of supply chain management.
• Nowadays trends in supply chain management.
Supply Issues in Supply Chain Management
• Introduction to Purchasing management.
• The vital role of supply management in an organisation
• The Manual Purchasing system vs. Electronic Procurement systems.
• The Make-or-Buy decision.
• Roles of the supply base.
• Purchasing Organization and the advantages of Centralization and Decentralization.
• Procurement in Government and Non-profit Agencies.
Creating and Managing Supplier Relationships
• Building trust.
• Shared Vision and Objectives.
• Personal Relationships.
• Mutual Benefits and Needs.
• Commitment and Top Management Support.
• Performance metrics.
• Continuous improvement.
Ethical and Sustainable Sources
• Understanding Ethical and sustainable sources.
• Build up ethical and sustainable sources strategies.
• Ethical and sustainable sourcing initiatives.
• Early supplier involvement.
• Strategic alliance development.
• Rewarding supplier performance.
• Benchmarking successful sourcing practices.
• Introduction to demand forecasting.
• The importance of demand forecasting.
• Forecasting techniques.
• Forecast accuracy.
• Collaborative planning, forecasting, and replenishment.
Resource Planning Systems
• Operations planning.
• The aggregate production plans.
• The master production schedule.
• The material requirement plan.
• Capacity planning.
• The distribution requirements plan.
• The legacy material requirements planning systems.
• The development of enterprise resource planning systems.
• Introduction to Inventory Management.
• Dependent demand Vs. Independent demand.
• Concepts and Tools of Inventory management.
• Inventory models.
• The Economic Order Quantity model.
• The Quantity Discount Model.
• The Statistical Reorder Point.
Process Management – Lean and Six Sigma in the Supply Chain
• Lean production and the Toyota production system.
• Lean thinking and Supply Chain Management.
• The Elements of Lean.
• The origins of Six Sigma quality.
• Comparing Six Sigma and Lean.
• Six Sigma and Supply Chain Management.
• The statistical tools of six sigma.
Distribution Issues in Supply Chain Management
• Transportation fundamentals.
• Warehousing and Distribution.
• The impact of Logistics on Supply Chain Management.
• Environmental sustainability in logistics.
• Logistics management software applications.
• Global logistics and Reverse logistics.
Customer Relationship Management
• Definition of Customer relationship management
• Key tools and components of CRM
o Segmenting customers.
o Predicting customer behaviours.
o Customer value determination.
o Automated sales force tools.
• Designing and implementing a successful CRM program.
• Recent trends in CRM.