Most contracts, especially public sector contracts fail because of poor contract management, costing taxpayers millions of dollars. Contract management is the process that ensures both parties to a contract fully understand their respective obligations and that these are fulfilled as efficiently and effectively as possible. This course will equip participants with the skills needed to manage contracts successfully.. The course is a must for all officers involved in contract management, from the tendering stage to contract close-out.
By attending this course you will gain the knowledge and skills to:
- Improve ability to manage contracts effectively.
- Understand the contract management process and the role of the contract management team.
- Understand tendering methodologies and contract pricing models.
- Gain valuable skills in risk management and dispute resolution.
- Key components of contract management
- Types of contracts
- Best practice public sector contract management
The Contract Management Team
- Setting up the contract management team – key considerations
- The contract management structure
- Contract responsibilities
- The contract management team – roles and responsibilities
The Contract Management Process
- The contracting process
- Stakeholder management
- The tendering process
- Selecting the right suppliers
- Contract pricing methodologies
Managing Contract Performance
- Monitoring contract performance
- Embedding a performance management framework
- Key influences of contract performance
- Managing stakeholder relationships
- Post award orientation
- Establishing a communication strategy
- Building a good client/ customer working relationship
- Best practice in contract administration
- Dispute resolution
- Modifying of contracts and variations
- Closing/ termination of contract
Managing Contract Risks
- Identifying and assessing contract risks
- Monitoring performance – risk register
- Mitigating contract risks