This course will provide the skills for efficient management of multi-shift operations and would convey how the biggest companies in the world are managing the multi-shift and 24 hour operations efficiently.
24-hour operations are required for companies in this highly competitive world and hence high skills are required for efficient management of these operations.
Understanding how to make multi-shifts is another skill that will be provided through this course.
Thus, this course is for all persons/company officials who are authorized to manage multi-shift operations.
- Understanding the problems of 24/7 work operations
- Procedures/techniques to deal with the problems
- Efficient management of a multi-shift operations
- How to make different shifts for the workmen
- Analysing the performance and exploring different shift schedules
- Analysing and creating an action plan
Methodology of Multi-Shift Operations and Recognising the Problems
- Measuring the work operation and self-assessment
- How to communicate efficiently?
- Consistency in approach
- Handing over of shift and change of shifts
- Recognising the world benchmark in multi-shift operations and trying to adapt
Case Studies on Efficient Handing Over and Shift Change and Continuity of Operations
- How to effectively communicate and manage all shifts?
- Communications with shift leader
- Teamwork and effective operation procedures
- Training on shift teams
Effective Shift Supervisors and 24 Hour Operations
- Understanding the role of the supervisor
- Training of the shift supervisor
- Concept of “Continuous Improvement”
- Concept of “Kaizen” and implementation TPS methodology and 5S methodology
- Understanding the methodology of “GEMBA” – a Japanese term meaning “the actual place”
Understanding the Advantages and Disadvantages of Multi-Shift Operations
- Effect of fatigue and injuries in multi-shift operations
- Scheduling of alternate shifts
- Analysing delegate shift schedules
- Understanding the body clock and circadian rhythms and its importance in shift management
Understanding and Dealing with the Issues of People in Multi-Shift Management
- How to deal with poor performance?
- Motivation and counselling
- Importance of discipline in shift operations
- Consistent approach
- How to manage and analyse performance and provide efficient reviews
- Case studies on Action plan and multi-shift operations in biggest companies
- Review of the course and “Question and Answer session”