Monday 05 July 2021
- Duration: One Week
- City: London
- Fees: 3950 GBP
Monday 05 July 2021
Who should attend!
Managers, supervisors and officers experienced in public relations. Other key personnel whose work involves contact and interaction with the internal/external public, particularly in the areas of personnel, marketing, sales, training and administration will also benefit from this programme.
– Describe the functions of Public Relations (PR) in a changing environment.
– Practice the key communication skills and techniques essential for performing their PR duties.
– Recognize how to communicate effectively with the internal and external publics of the organization.
– Identify the role of a PR professional in supporting the image and reputation of the organization.
– Plan and execute a press conference.
PR in a Changing Environment
– The Origin and Development of PR.
– Definitions, Scope and Objectives.
– New Roles and Perspectives.
– The Role of PR in Building and Supporting the Image of the Organization.
The Functions of PR
– Planning and Organizing the Activities of PR.
– Ingredients of Successful PR Planning.
– Main Qualities of PR Professionals.
– PR Position in the Organization.
PR and Communication
– Communicating with the Internal and External Public.
– Overcoming Barriers in Communication.
– Non-Verbal Communication.
– The Communication Abilities for PR Professionals.
The Role of PR Professionals in Dealing with the Internal and External Public
– Understanding Difficult Personalities.
– Dealing with Difficult Personalities.
Verbal Communication Skills
– Kinds of Verbal Communication.
– How to Prepare for a Presentation/Speech.
– Rehearsing Your Presentation/Speech.
– Verbal and Non-Verbal Skills while Presenting.
Written Communication Skills
– Types of Written Communication
– Effective Writing Skills: Memos, Letters and Emails.
– Writing and Producing Newsletters.
– Designing and Producing Brochures.
– Preparing Articles for Magazines.
– Why Conduct a Press Conference?
– How to Conduct a Press Conference?
– How to Prepare a Press Release?
– Dealing with Questions During a Press Conference.
– Preparing and Circulating the Press Clippings.