At the heart of this course, we use trusted tools to measure your personal style when in conflict, and we will coach you through the issues that arise from the results of the tests.
In this extending and insightful course, we use the famous Thomas Kilmann (TKI) Conflict Resolution Instrument. This tool has been utilised by all top organisations to create collaborative teams for excellent performance.
- Acknowledge the 4 factors for conflict.
- Utilise the Thomas Kilmann Model for greater awareness and effectiveness.
- Establish effective communication Skills for increased collaboration and productivity.
- Implement and build workable communication action plans.
- Comprehend the key leading for lasting change.
- Comprehend the need to take responsibility for leading change.
- Comprehend how to be a Leader of Change.
- Increase a greater awareness of yourself and your full leadership potential.
- Manage relationships with others promptly, from level one trough to level four competency in all areas.
- Introductions and objective setting.
- What do we mean by the term Conflict Management?
- Where and when does conflict happen?
- The 4 steps to effective Conflict Management.
- Exercise: The Communication Bridge.
- How to avoid misunderstanding?
- Our reaction to conflict.
- Change Exercise: The Ball.
- Personal growth and change strategies.
- The change curves.
- Making change stick.
- Kotter’s 8 steps to effective change.
- The 5 stages of change.
- The Burning Platform.
- Change Exercise: Risk it!
- The Thomas Kilmann (TKI) Conflict Resolution Instrument
- Exercise: Building collaboration quickly and easily
- Exercise: A Trip to the Theatre!
- Exercise: Win as Much as You Can!
- The 2 types of communication
- DVD The Ten Most Difficult Types
- The 4 results of every communication
The Skills of Conflict Resolution
- The 4 behaviours that get results.
- The Assertiveness Framework.
- Exercise: I want to borrow your car tonight.
- Questioning Skills.
- Listening for results.
- Beyond Listening.
High Level Conflict Resolution
- The Emotional Intelligence Questionnaire.
- Exercise: Would I lie to you?
- Dealing with liars.
- Your EI Strengths.
- Facilitating a dispute.
- The Secret to dealing with people.
- The Saboteur.
- Exercise: The Pommelon.