Good communication and planning skills are important for all administrative professionals. This interactive and practical course is designed to help learners review and enhance these skills so that they can develop not only their own effectiveness but also that of their immediate colleagues and teams.
- Face-face communications.
- Project planning and monitoring.
- Telephone skills, teleconferencing and remote communications.
- Interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Meetings skills and supporting presentations.
- Written communications (including writing e-mails, letters, reports and instructions).
- Personal planning and time-management skills.
- Audit and develop communication, interpersonal and planning skills.
Face-to Face Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Obstacles to effective communication and how to overcome them.
- Managing conflict.
- Delegation – giving and receiving.
- Interpersonal skills and building working relationships.
- Assertive communication.
Team-Working and Meetings
- Team Improvement and group dynamics.
- Challenging ideas and getting agreement.
- Improving meetings.
- Constructive and inclusive discussions.
- participation and control.
- planning and preparation.
- follow-up and meeting notes.
Planning & Time Management
- Personal planning tools and systems.
- Handling and making requests.
- Managing interruptions.
- Project planning and principles of CPA.
Managing Information and Written Communication
- Principles of information management
- digesting information and making it meaningful
- Report writing
- Grammar & punctuation
- Editing and proofreading skills
- Writing e-mails and letters
- Other forms of written communication
Supporting Presentations/Improving Teamwork and Systems
- Designing slides and incorporating graphics
- Room setup, equipment and trouble shooting
- Continuous improvement and creative thinking
- Making a case
- Programme review