Monday 16 Mar 2020
- Duration: One Week
- City: Paris
- Fees: 2950 GBP
Monday 16 Mar 2020
This course will show you how to utilise competencies to deliver real, qualified improvements in terms of productivity acquired by using the method in a practical sense.
Competencies are used to define desirable behaviour and then introduce enhancement in selection, assessment, talent management and retention, performance management and employee development.
This course will walk you through the integrated process of implementing competency-based HR in your organization by applying the competency framework to basic HR functions, ensuring that the right people are in the right jobs and are developed and motivated in the right way. Competencies can also be key elements in succession planning and the management of values.
– Manage the distinction between competencies, skills and tasks.
– Utilise competencies in public and private organisations.
– Differentiate between Leadership, Technical and Behavioural competencies.
– Link competencies to organisational objectives and values.
– Use competencies for a range of HR processes.
The Links between HR and Competencies
– What support should managers, team leaders and supervisors get from HR?
– Values, Strategy and HR.
– Different methods of developing a competency.
– An HR Management Framework Based on Competencies.
– Technical, Behavioural and Leadership Competencies.
Competencies and Recruitment
– Competency design – definitions, negative indicators, positive indicators.
– Recruitment and Selection.
– Adapting a competency framework for use in recruitment.
– The use of assessment centres in recruitment.
– Induction, orientation and personal development.
– Using competencies in performance management.
– The stages of performance management: agreeing objectives, giving feedback, coaching, appraisal.
– Termly reviews of performance.
– Links to pay scheme.
– Introducing a performance management process.
– Talent Strategy and Planning.
– Developing and Deploying Talent.
– Retaining Talent.
– Acquiring Talent.
– Succession Planning.
Shaping Behaviour and Managing Culture
– Extrinsic and Intrinsic Reward.
– Empowerment and Accountability.
– 360° degree feedback.