Monday 24 Aug 2020
- Duration: One Week
- City: London
- Fees: 3900 GBP
Monday 24 Aug 2020
This course will introduce participants to the vital aspects of Continuous Employee Development and Empowerment. Continuous Employee Development uses a wide variety of methods, including individual career planning, classroom training; distance learning; mentoring; coaching; talent management and participation in learning seminars.
Continuous Employee Development and Empowerment is a management practice of sharing information, rewards, and power with employees so that they can take initiative and make decisions to solve problems and improve service and performance.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
– Check a multiple techniques and methodologies for continuous employee development.
– Comprehend the concepts of empowerment.
– Discuss the case for empowerment in your organisation.
– Use motivational coaching techniques.
– Enhance practical mentoring skills.
The Learning Organisation and Individual Learning Strategies
– What is learning?
– Creating a learning organisation.
– Learning Strategies for Creating a Continuous Learning Environment.
– Individual Development Plans.
– The importance of learning styles.
– Individual SWOT plans – practical exercise.
– Principles of employee empowerment.
– Benefits of employee empowerment.
– Empowering employees with transformational leadership.
– Cultural influences and constraints on empowerment.
– Communication systems to promote empowerment.
– Empowerment case study.
Coaching for Development
– Coaching as a development tool.
– Distinguishing between coaching and other interventions.
– Key Coaching Skills.
– The Coaching Cycle.
– Skills for Motivational Coaching.
– Plan and run a coaching session.
Mentoring Programmes and Talent Management
– Ground rules for a mentoring relationship.
– Most commonly used techniques among mentors.
– Mentoring relationships: formal and informal.
– Introduction to talent management.
– Talent management systems.
– Differentiating succession management & talent management.
Putting it All Together
– Develop a continuous development culture.
– Identifying the ‘disempowered’ workforce.
– Arguing the case for empowerment in your organisation.
– Becoming a learning organisation.
– Personal action planning.