In this course, students will examine the fundamentals of creating a contract while identifying its main clauses and provisions. Students will also learn about alternative contracting strategies and their arrangements. This course will also teach contract negotiation methodology as well as variations and claim negotiation. Using well-known techniques and applications, students will get exposed to common issues of agreements found in the world of business.
This course includes:
- Contract design and creation.
- The main provisions and clauses in a contract.
- Contract, variation and claim negotiation methodology.
- English-language agreement issues.
- Alternative contracting strategies.
By the end of this course, trainees will:
- Possess a thorough knowledge of contract design.
- Understand major contract clauses and the issues surrounding them.
- Develop their contract negotiation and contract dispute management skills.
- Learn about contract risk management.
- Understand how to minimize dispute through contract clauses.
Contract Design and Creation
- Why contracts?
- Introduction to contract creation.
- Examples of contract creation.
- The fundamentals of agency and contracts signing.
- Main contract designs.
- Contract usage as per business models.
Contract Risk Management
- Contractual terminology.
- Guarantee and Insurance.
- Contractual risk and performance.
- Termination, suspension and force majeure.
- Laws and Contracts.
- Warranties and agreements.
Changes and Variations
- Contract changes.
- Transfer of rights and novation agreements.
- Variation to the scope of work and variations clauses.
- Novation and Change Control and Management.
- Dispute Control and Management.
- Termination control.
Securitisation and Standard Contracting
- Use of standard form contractual documents.
- Standardised contracts
- International standard form agreements
- Bonds, guarantees and letters of assurance
- Payment risk management
- Ownership reservation
- Rapid risk management solutions
Conflict Solving & Management
- Contracts for Conflict Avoidance
- Multi-levelled Conflict Resolution Strategies
- Contract negotiation strategies
- Litigation and Arbitration
- Contemporary Conflict Management Processes
- Summary and Revision