The growth and success of any business is dependent on the capabilities of its senior management team. It is therefore important that senior managers are fully equipped with all the skills and knowledge required to fully carry out their strategic management roles. This course is intense and full-on and will cover the key skills and behavioural competences all senior managers with strategic responsibility should have to enable the organisation achieve its objectives. This course will be beneficial to senior executives of both private and public sector organisations with responsibility for the strategic direction of their organisations.
By attending this course you will gain the knowledge and skills to:
- Successful lead an organisation to achieve its objectives.
- Set the organisations vision and direction.
- Formulate and implement business strategies.
- Build and inspire high performing teams.
- Set goals and deliver results.
- Achieve customer focus.
- Manage and motivate employees.
- Enhance leadership skills and personal effectiveness.
- Improve strategic financial management skills.
- The challenge of modern strategic leadership.
- Alternative approaches to strategic management.
- Creating vision and values for your organisation.
- Developing mission, goals and objectives.
- A rational model of strategic development.
- Strategic tools: brainstorming and mind mapping.
Implementing Strategy and Change Management
- The strategic implementation process.
- Managing change successfully.
- Forces for and against change.
- Dealing with barriers to change.
- Adopting the right leadership style.
- Leading and motivating teams to deliver.
- Connecting with people – communication that works.
- Performance management and human capital development.
- Using performance appraisals effectively.
- Understanding team roles and dynamics.
- Delivering required outputs by deadline
- Accountability – holding self and others accountable .
- Developing a culture of continuous improvement.
- Measuring performance.
- Developing a culture of getting it right first time.
- Prioritising and focusing on key priorities.
- The balanced scorecard – performance management tool.
- Putting the customer at the heart of all decisions.
- Understanding customer needs.
- Improving customer services and customer experience.
- Improving communication with customers.
- Understanding financial reports/statements.
- Understanding budgets and budgeting methodologies.
- Managing and monitoring budgets.
- Investment appraisal: evaluating capital projects.
- Identifying key success factors.
- Balancing stakeholder objectives.
- The external environment: Risk/ PESTLE analysis.
- The external environment: Porter’s 5 Forces analysis.
- Organisational capabilities: value chain analysis.
- Organisational capabilities: customer profiling.
- Organisational capabilities: growth /share analysis.
- Time management skills.
- Driving staff performance
- Projecting a positive role image/ model.
- Acting decisively – decision making