Monday 22 June 2020
- Duration: One Week
- City: London
- Fees: 3740 GBP
Monday 22 June 2020
This course will discuss library management and especially electronic libraries, electronic and paper filing, document and version control, mobile libraries, Braille users, compliance and legislation, metadata and indexing, managing collections, archiving and preservation, advanced searching methods, e-library management policies and electronic systems.
– A broad overview of procedures, guidelines, best practices and standards relating to e-Library management, document control, administration, filing, documentation and document management and improvement.
– Analyse best practice and guidelines from the International Federation of Library Association (IFLA).
– Analyse ISO standard related to indexing, metadata, library, archiving, storage and documentation standards.
– Analyse of e-Library management systems for storage, indexing, searching, control, archiving and long-term preservation.
– Analyse legal issues, legislation and compliance requirements.
– Focus on the need to create good document policy, procedures and standards.
– Hands-on drafting, programmes and case studies in groups.
– Build-up, develop and put in an action plan for creating, setup, management and control of e-library management system including document control, auditing and compliance.
– Analyse the security requirements and put together controls for managing confidential and private materials.
– Provide a comprehending of how good filing systems are developed.
– Consider who needs to be involved in the process of developing such e-library management systems, policies and standards.
– Investigate issues concerning the lack of good e-library filing and documentation standards.
– Comprehend how a green library works.
– Enhance filing and documentation standards.
– Enhance manual hardcopy and softcopy e-library management systems.
– Introduce records management, document control and management practices and standards.
– Analyse ISO standards for library management, storage and archiving and documentation management.
– Introduce e-library management and techniques.
– The structure of e-library filing, indexing, storage and search.
– Review documentation, document control and records management.
Review Policies and Standards
– Review guidelines for International Federation of Library Association (IFLA).
– ISO standards for e-library, documentation and document management.
– Regulatory, compliance and legal considerations.
Designing e-Library Management Procedures and Systems
– Design overview.
– Creating e-library filing and documentation control policies and procedures.
– Creating indexing and metadata, storage, archive and search systems and setting up security.
IT, Standards and Implementation
– Review of IT e-library management systems.
– Roles and responsibilities.
– Project planning and implementation.
Case Studies and Programmes
– Case studies.
– Drafting exercises.
– Final wrap-up and discussion.