Sunday 10 Jan 2021
- Duration: One Week
- City: Dubai
- Fees: Classroom: 4200 GBP / Online: 1900 GBP
Sunday 10 Jan 2021
This course is about effective communications skills essential for both organisational and personal success.
It provides a fantastic opportunity for professionals to take those skills to the next level maximising personal impact and achieving business objectives.
There is a wealth of practical guidance on improving the effectiveness of various forms of written communication
This course will show how writing and presentation skills can work in tandem to achieve results.
If you want your reports, memos, letters and e-mail to be read with interest and acted upon and if you want to be able to present your ideas with impact and effectiveness, this is the right course for you.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
– Improve the effectiveness of reports, proposals, emails, letters and other communication.
– Develop more efficient writing processes, improving project and time management.
– Meet the needs of readerships/audiences enabling them achieve their own objectives.
– Develop presentational skills and the techniques to enhance impact and effectiveness.
– Deploy the right techniques, tools and skills for a wide variety of communications challenges.
Improving Business Communication & What Makes an Effective Report
– Barriers and pitfalls of business communication.
– Differences between written and spoken communication and their implications.
– Characteristics of an effective report.
– Comprehending the readers’ needs.
– Report layout and design for clarity and impact.
– Structure – the macrostructure and the microstructure.
Readability, Writing Style and the Writing Process
– Sentences, paragraphs and readability.
– Generating ideas – Mind mapping and brain storming.
– Sources of information and research techniques.
– Selecting and structuring the content – logical sequencing.
– Proofreading, grammar and punctuation.
– Tables, diagrams, figures and graphs.
E-mails, Letters and Other Business Writing/What Makes an Effective Presentation
– Managing e-mails to be noticed.
– Writing effective business letters.
– Writing professional agendas and minutes.
– Writing instructions and guidelines.
– Characteristics of effective presentations.
– Preparing a persuasive business presentation.
– The pillars of effective presentations.
– Setting and meeting objectives.
– Meeting the audience’s needs.
– Structuring the presentation and making a case.
– Positive body language.
– Using visuals effectively.
Making a Case & Influencing Skills
– Choosing words for maximum impact.
– Handling questions from your audience.
– Team presentations to convince critics.
– Supporting presentations with written documentation.
– Making a persuasive business case.
– Influencing Skills and getting support.