Monday 14 Sep 2020
- Duration: One Week
- City: London
- Fees: Classroom: 3900 GBP / Online: 1950 GBP
Monday 14 Sep 2020
This is a course for either potential leaders on way to take on significant managerial responsibility in their organizations, or as mid-level executives with years of management experience who want or need a refresher into what constitutes of effective leadership, and are eager to inspire others and make a positive impact in their organizations.
This course is designed to help the participant gain a deep understanding of what great leadership is, including recognising the much-needed personality traits of a leader, their ability to lead change and to develop the organisational culture. This course presents the key theories and their applications, as well as different approaches to leadership, organizational culture development, as well as managing change therein.
– Course introduction and setting the objectives according to the participant needs.
– Defining leadership and its impact on the organization.
– The essential traits and values of a successful leader.
– Commitment to the vision of an organization.
– Understanding the difference between leading and managing
The Different Leadership Styles and Your Own Style
– Your personality traits and ability to lead; personality matrix
– The leadership styles unpacked; advantages and disadvantages of each and how to adapt it appropriately to different people and situation
– Your personal leadership plan; the importance of aligning your values, beliefs and ambition and sparking your employees’ motivation by tapping into their own values and ambitions
– Importance and value of trust
Team Dynamics and Team-Leading
– Understanding and setting the teams purpose
– Types of teams, team formation.
– Resolving team conflicts and conformity; techniques.
– Setting targets and monitoring the flow of work.
– Identifying and solving problems
Organisational Culture and Change
– Understanding the nature of organizational change
– Types of organizational change
– Barriers and requirements for successful organizational change
– Organizational change models
– Mediating resistance to change
Delegating and Mentoring Others
– Why people resist delegating and when it does and does not work
– Choosing who to delegate to and how to do so successfully
– What is mentoring and factors to consider before starting to mentor anyone, as well as how to structure such a relationship
– Summary and personal development plan