EMS (Environment management system) will provide a company with a structure through which it can monitor and improve its environment performance.
It will explain the responsibilities to the environment for all personnel working in the company, identify the ways of reducing waste, for example economical use of raw materials and waste disposal costs.
It will benefit the company to lower expenses and increase profits.
Reduce the possibility of getting penalized from government environment councils
Why do we need an EMS?
- EMS helps an organization to reduce the impact on the environment while also improving their operational efficiency and increasing profits.
- EMS helps an organization to maintain sustainability targets, and hence comply with all environmental regulations and improve the health and safety of both the employees working for them and the community.
- Understand the environmental impacts.
- Understand the need for an EMS
- Execute an EMS system
- Obtain an EMS ISO 14001:2004 certification from a recognized authority
- Understand the different types of waste generation and how to recycle waste
Environment Management, “WHAT DOES IT MEAN?”
- Introduction to environment management and its advantages
- Understanding of “Best” Environment management systems
- Understanding of the Structure of an “EMS”-Environment Management System
- Understanding of important components of an EMS system
Impact on the “Environment”
- Explanation on the impacts on the environment caused “Globally”.
- Understanding the influence of Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA)
- Training on executing an EIA system
- Understanding of the Legal requirements on Environment impacts
EMS and its requirements
- Understanding the strategy of environment management systems
- Evaluation of Initial Environmental Review(IER)
- Understanding of the code standard ISO 14001:2004 bases on Environment Management system
Training on Environment Auditing
- How to conduct an “Environment Audit”
- How to evaluate an EMS system
Operational Management Program (OMP)
- Understanding of the OMP
- Analysis of the quality of the Environment Management System
- Sequence of implementation of EMS
- Training on OMP