Facilitation is one of those skills that everyone talks about but very few can do effectively. In this five days training course, you’ll learn proven techniques to help you maintain control, facilitate group process and produce results.
- Learn the differences between facilitating and presenting training
- Identify what good facilitation looks like
- Find out how effective facilitation process skills make work with groups more productive
- Work with ten facilitation techniques that ensure a group’s success
- Help groups grow and develop through 5 stages to productive outcomes
- Use brainstorming, problem-solving and decision-making techniques correctly
- Master the tactics of meeting facilitation: planning, climate setting, setting ground rules, etc.
Whether a team leader or trainer, after this course you will have the tools to increase your ability to facilitate your team’s goals.
What is facilitation?
- Facilitation vs. presenting training vs. team leader
- Team leaders as facilitators
- Types of facilitation
- What do facilitators do?
- Facilitation techniques
Group dynamics and group functions
- How teams function
- How to help groups grow and be productive
- Brainstorming and problem solving techniques
- Help groups be more creative
- Consensus and other group decision making techniques
- Meeting planning and coordination tips
- Set a productive group climate
- Establish ground rules
- Help team members to be productive
- Clarify group and leader functions
- How to select team leaders in your organization
- Deal with difficult and angry group members
Resources- Facilitation Tool Kit
- Give Directions
- Give feedback
- Ask questions to solicit information and gain different points of view
- Listen actively
- Clarify to understand and focus
- Coach to correct mistakes
- Increase participation and commitment
- Use charting to generate discussion and verify understanding
- Co-facilitation issues