Sunday 03 Jan 2021
- Duration: One Week
- City: Dubai
- Fees: 3900 GBP
Sunday 03 Jan 2021
The facilities management (FM) function continues to grow, as do the scope of responsibilities and the strategies utilised to deliver services. This course will highlight the entire FM range, offering the most recent thinking in the profession. It stands up to head-on the practical problems faced on the ground and offers genuine solutions. the real key to the success of professionals in this field is the ability to handle people and manage change, hence format of this course which enables participants to confront the implications of their actions in a ‘safe’ environment.
Depending on the particular focus required (see ‘Special features’, below), this course will give participants:
• The newly updated best practice in FM.
• Vast awareness of the customer / financial / organisational context in which the FM function operates.
• A complete understanding of the role and responsibilities of the FM function.
• Practical advice and assistance on selection and management of suppliers.
• The best solutions for health and safety compliance issues, risk management and business continuity.
• An appreciation of the importance and benefits of good project management.
• What is Facilities Management (FM)? – ‘the facilities umbrella’
• Defining FM within an organisation.
• The 8 key roles of FM.
• FM – overhead or profit centre?
• The strategic importance of managing facilities.
• Developing an FM plan and team.
Establishing control of support services
• Recognising and reviewing support service requirements.
• Profiling current service levels and costs.
• Reviewing contracted services.
• Outsourcing v in-sourcing.
• Contract ‘bundling’ and ‘aggregation’.
• Determining and implementing a contract strategy.
Focusing on the customer
• Comprehending customer business needs and objectives.
• Engaging the customer.
• Customer service strategy.
• Developing a customer action plan.
• The pursuit of excellence.
Managing the budget
• Harnessing cost data.
• Identify spending patterns.
• Building up the budget plan.
• Defending the plan
• Control mechanisms and reports.
• How to maximise the budget.
Comprehending service contracts
• What is a contract and why do we need them?
• Tender terms.
• Objectives and understanding what the contractor wants.
• Contract structure explained.
• Terms and conditions.
• Specifications – output v input.
• Schedules of tender.
• Supplier ‘own’ contracts – common traps!
Controlling the tender process
• Why tender?
• Tender timetable.
• Roles and responsibilities.
• Tender stages.
• Tender board interview techniques.
• Negotiation techniques.
• Award and debriefing.
• TUPE issues.
Mobilisation of service contracts
• Managing change.
• Implementation programme.
• Briefings and site familiarisation.
• Lines of communication.
• Procedures and manuals.
• Handover arrangements.
• Review and revise contract strategy objectives.
• Building successful contract management relationships.
• Monitoring process step by step.
• Service level agreements and KPIs demystified.
• Reports that inform and managing contract meetings.
• Contract review process and dealing with contract variations.
• How to handle disputes and contract termination.
• Planning and preparing for re-tendering.
• Practical tips on managing support services.
Compliance and risk management
• What legislation and who is accountable?
• Developing a safety policy.
• Managing safety.
• How to carry out a risk assessment.
• Permits to work.
• Practical guidelines to handling emergencies.
• Business continuity – FM’s role.
Managing a project (eg, a relocation)
• How to get started – plan, brief, consult.
• Understanding the building – structure, design constraints.
• Space – cost, open plan, storage, restaurant, nursery, gym.
• Moving people – the issues and how to avoid the pain.
• Removal contracts – the pitfalls.
• Managing a ‘happy’ move.
• Settling in or ‘Happy ever after’!