This course is intended to exhibit the basics of project management with a focus on comprehending project management terms, project selection, planning, assessing, scheduling, and earned value management. If you are new to projects or been assigned to projects and need to comprehend how to manage the project, this is the course for you. This course will also cover the important of quality, risk and procurement. by the end of this course with a full understanding of what project management is and how to manage a successful project.
- Comprehend the fundamentals of project management – the ability to initiate, plan & execute basic controls for a project.
- Comprehend the techniques of project planning and how to deliver one.
- Comprehend how to identify project achievement using key performance indicators & quality metrics.
- Identifying risks and understanding the advantages of various types of contracts.
- Comprehend how to control, manage and close a project to your customers satisfaction.
Project Management Basics, History, Benefits and Components
- What is project management?
- Defining project and product life cycles.
- Comprehending Best Practice Project Management.
- How to Initiate a Project: – How to do it?
- Managing the project selection process.
- Writing SMART objectives and business cases.
Project Planning, Charters, Work Breakdown Structures and Scope Statements
- Improving the project documentation for senior management sign-offs.
- Identifying the project management.
- Comprehend how to collect requirements.
- Defining the full project plan.
- Making and analysing the project with Work Breakdown Structures.
Creating and Managing the Project Schedule and Budget
- The realistic schedule definition.
- Defining and managing dependencies.
- How to calculate project durations and costs?
- Creating and optimising the project timetable.
- Presenting your schedule and resource constraints.
- How to control the cost, schedule and resources?
Planning for Quality, HR, Communications, Risk and Procurement
- Characterising and controlling project KPI’s / Metrics.
- Exhibiting and defining the project resource plan.
- Improving a communication plan.
- Managing Virtual Teams.
- Comprehending and reviewing project risk.
- Managing the project contract against project constraints.
Working, controlling and closing the project
- Using project software to track projects
- Handling project management problems.
- Project case reviews and discussion.
- Best practices of Project Management leadership, communications and meetings.
- Closing the project including project administration, hand-offs, document updates.