Sunday 13 Dec 2020
- Duration: Two Weeks
- City: Dubai
- Fees: Classroom: 7800 GBP / Online: 3900 GBP
Sunday 13 Dec 2020
This course is designed to assist managers to comprehend their duties and what they need to do to guarantee compliance with current workplace legislation – including the fire safety and CDM regulations.
The course will cover the legal background – including a valuation of how safety legislation has advanced. And why; the logic behind recent developments and the implications for staff and employers; vital areas of current legislation; roles and duties in health and safety management, including monitoring contractors and suppliers effectively; implementing sound health and safety policies and procedures; getting staff on board, and implementing effective systems. Also, recognising potential risks and hazards and developing strategies to minimise their impact in the work environment.
This course will give participants a comprehending of:
– The broader understanding of the key areas of health and safety regulation which apply to your organisation.
– Existing health and safety practice and guide them in how to shape and implement an effective health and safety policy.
– What do they should do, and what are the procedures to support it!
– Potential areas of risk in the workplace – and how to take action to minimise the threat to staff safety.
– How sound health and safety processes can contribute to business performance.
Comprehending the workplace legislation
– Overview of health, safety, and workplace legislation.
– Compliance, the role of the facilities manager, and who is accountable?
– Breakout session to discuss where we are now and to highlight issues of concern.
– Applying required policies and procedures.
– Developing and implementation/review of the safety policy.
– Communicating with users, clients and contractors.
– Health and safety manual.
– ‘Selling’ health and safety.
Key legislation – a practical working guide
– Construction (Design and Management) Regulations.
– Electricity at Work Regulations.
– Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Regulations.
– Manual Handling Operations Regulations.
– Asbestos Regulations.
– Disability Discrimination Act (DDA).
– Work Equipment Regulations.
– Portable Appliance Testing (PAT).
– Comprehending the Regulations.
– Assessing contractors.
– Understanding and setting accountability.
– Why a method statement?
– How to apply a permit to work system.
– Safe systems of work.
– Comprehending your hazards.
– Identifying specialist areas.
– How to undertake these assessments.
– Implementation of sound systems and processes.
Keeping the work environment safe
– Sick building syndrome and legionella.
– Waste management.
– Pest control.
– Provisions for first aid.
– Accident reporting and investigation.
– Understanding the Regulations.
– Fire certificates.
– The fire risk assessment.
– Testing fire-fighting equipment?
– Emergency procedures.
– Ergonomics – important or irrelevant?
– Are you complying with HSE regulations?
– Furniture and equipment.
– Display screen equipment assessments.
– Homeworking – your concern or not?
Inspecting and auditing
– Role of Health and Safety Executive Inspectors – ‘be prepared’.
– FM role.
– Staff/trade union involvement.
– Independent audits.
– Records and reports.
– Communicating the results.