Monday 11 Jan 2021
- Duration: One Week
- City: Madrid
- Fees: Classroom: 4250 GBP / Online: 1925 GBP
Monday 11 Jan 2021
This comprehensive course focuses on the global analysis of industry and competition; and analysis of the internal environment. As ever learners are provided with the guidance they need to strategic planning, analysis of the health services environment (internal and external) and lessons on implementation; with additional discussions on organisational capability, deeper treatment of sustainability and corporate social responsibility and more coverage of the sources of organisational inertia and competency traps.
On completion of this course you should be able to:
– Discuss why strategic management has become vital in today’s dynamic health care environment.
– Trace the development of strategic management and discuss its conceptual foundations.
– Elaborate and explain the concept of strategic thinking maps.
– Recognise and differentiate between strategic management, strategic thinking, strategic planning, and managing strategic momentum.
– Comprehend the necessity for both the analytic and emergent models of strategic management.
– Comprehend how an organisation may realize a strategy that it never intended.
– Comprehend the benefits of strategic management for health care organizations.
– Comprehend the importance of systems approaches.
– Explain the links between the different levels of strategy within an organization.
– Describe the various leadership roles of strategic management.
– The Nature of Strategic Management.
– Comprehending and Analysing the General Environment and the Health Care Environment.
– Service Area Competitor Analysis.
– Internal Environmental Analysis and Competitive Advantage.
– Directional Strategies.
– Developing Strategic Alternatives.
– Evaluation of Alternatives and Strategic Choice.
– Value-Adding Service Delivery Strategies.
– Value-Adding Support Strategies.
– Communicating the Strategy and Developing Action Plans.
– Analysing Strategic Health Care Cases.
– Health Care Organization Accounting, Finance, and Performance Analysis.
– Health Care Acronyms.
Cases in Health Care Sector
– The pharmaceutical industry: An industry note.
– Salix Pharmaceuticals, Inc. succeeding in the road less travelled.
– Community blood centre of the Carolinas: Donations, Donations, Donations.
– OR solutions reach a crossroad.
– Can this relationship be saved? The Midwestern Medical Groups’ Integration Journey.
– Ellen Zane: Leading change at Tufts-NEMC.
– Indian Health Service: Creating a climate for change.
– Dr. Louis Mickael: the physician as strategic manager; Governance challenges at Good Hand Healthcare (A).
– The Rosemont Behavioural Health Centre.
– Riverview Regional Medical Centre: an HMA facility.
– AIDSCAP Nepal.
– Emanuel Medical Center: Crisis in the health care industry.
– Cooper Green Hospital and the Community Care Plan; “So, Doctor, can you fix this?” A case involving a medical spa.
– C. W. Williams Health Centre: A community asset.
– Pacific Cataract and Laser Institute: competing in the LASIK eye surgery market.
– The Premier Health Care Alliance emerges.
– The case for open heart surgery at Cabarrus Memorial Hospital.
– Emergency Care Group.