Monday 03 Feb 2020
- Duration: One Week
- City: London
- Fees: 3900 GBP
Monday 03 Feb 2020
This course is designed for HR officers, HR specialists and HR administrators who wish to develop their knowledge and improve their skills in relation to HR administration skills.
– Recognise the vital role of HR Administrators within the HR structure of their organisation.
– List and develop competencies required for successful HR Administrators.
– Distinguish between various types of organizational structures and develop structures using Microsoft Visio.
– List the core functions of HR systems and determine business requirements for their organization’s HR system.
– Develop HR reports using different types of graphs and templates.
– Identify legal documents required to collect and maintain for employees.
– Develop organization’s employee handbook.
The HR Administrator in Organizations
– Major Roles and Responsibilities of HR Administrators.
– A Look at the HR Administrator’s Job Description.
– The HR Administrator’s Position within the HR Department.
– Professional Qualifications as a Competitive Advantage.
– Competencies of Successful Administrators.
– Technical Competencies.
– Behavioural Competencies.
– The Evolving Role of the HR Administrator.
Introduction to Organizational Structures
– Definition and Purpose.
– Types of Organizational Structures.
– Advantages and Disadvantages of Various Structures.
– Examples of Structures for a Number of Organizations.
– Tools Used to Draw Organizational Structures.
– Workshop: Using Microsoft Visio in Drawing Organizational Structures.
Working with Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS)
– Functions and Features of HR Systems.
– Determining Business Requirements.
– Developing Assessment Criteria to be Used for Evaluating Different Systems.
– Assessing and Evaluating Existing HR Systems.
– Workshop: Live Demonstration and Practice Using an HRIS.
HR Measurements and Reporting
– Research Terms and Techniques.
– Frequently Used HR Metrics.
– Calculating HR Metrics
o Recruitment Metrics.
o Retention Metrics.
o Compensation/Benefits Metrics.
o Training and Development Metrics.
– Reporting Methods and Examples: Charts and Graphs.
– Workshop: Developing HR Reports Using Bar Charts, Pie Charts and Line Charts.
Employee Documentation and Record Keeping
– Purpose and Objective of Record Keeping.
– Employee Files: Legal Documents to Maintain.
– Developing an Orientation Package: Documents to Provide to New Hires.
– Policies, Procedures and Work Rules.
– Developing an Organization’s Employee Handbook
o Purpose of Handbook.
o Sections of the Handbook.
o Process of Developing Handbook.