Sunday 28 Feb 2021
- Duration: Two Weeks
- City: Dubai
- Fees: 7900 GBP
Sunday 28 Feb 2021
This is the most complete course available for the field today.
It is essential for every health care administrator, as it has been thoroughly revised and updated to reflect changes in the health care industry and the renewed focus on health care information technology initiatives, this course is an important training for health administration and health informatics students and professionals.
Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
• Be knowledgeable of the various kinds of healthcare information.
• Get an excellent insight of Fundamental principles and practical strategies.
• Apply the methods necessary to facilitate movement from a paper-based to an electronic health record environment while championing the importance of managing in such an environment.
• Deploy health care information technology and leverage investments while introducing significant change.
• Enhance the skills required to develop quality of patient care through utilising the health care information technology and strategy considerations.
• Stimulate discussions on how to apply concepts included in the course to real-life scenarios through case studies of organizations experiencing management-related information system challenges.
Health Care Information
Introduction to Health Care Information
• Kinds of Health Care Information.
• Internal Data and Information: Patient Specific—Clinical.
• Internal Data and Information: Patient Specific—Administrative.
• Internal Data and Information: Patient Specific—Combining Clinical and Administrative.
• Internal Data and Information: Aggregate—Clinical.
• Internal Data and Information: Aggregate—Administrative.
• Internal Data and Information: Aggregate—Combining Clinical and Administrative.
• External Data and Information: Comparative.
• External Data and Information: Expert or Knowledge Based.
Health Care Data Quality
• Data versus Information.
• Problems with Poor-Quality Data.
• Ensuring Data and Information Quality.
Health Care Information Regulations, Laws, and Standards
• Licensure, Certification, and Accreditation.
• Patient Safety Organizations.
• Legal Aspects of Managing Health Information.
Health Care Information Systems
History and Evolution of Health Care Information Systems
• Definition of Terms.
• History and Evolution.
Clinical Information Systems
• The Electronic Health Record.
• Other Major HCIS Types.
• Fitting Applications Together.
• Overcoming Barriers to Adoption.
Federal Efforts to Enhance Quality of Patient Care through the Use of Health Information Technology
• HITECH Act.
• Health Care Reform: New Modes of Care and Payment Reform.
• Health Information Exchange.
• Information Technology Ramifications of New Models of Care and Payment Reform.
• System Acquisition: A Definition.
• Systems Development Life Cycle.
• System Acquisition Process.
• Project Management Tools.
• Things That Can Go Wrong.
System Implementation and Support
• System Implementation Process.
• Managing the Organizational Aspects.
• System Support and Evaluation.
Technologies That Support Health Care Information Systems
• Information Technology Adoption Challenges.
• Data Management and Access.
• Networks and Data Communications.
• Information Distribution Schemes.
• Remote Access Technologies.
• Internet and Web Concepts and Applications.
• E-Commerce in Health Care.
• Clinical and Managerial Decision Support.
• Information Systems Architecture.
Health Care Information System Standards
• Standards Development Process.
• Classification Standards.
• Vocabulary and Terminology Standards.
• Health Record Content and Functional Standards.
Security of Health Care Information Systems
• The Health Care Organization’s Security Program.
• Threats to Health Care Information.
• Overview of the HIPAA Security Rule.
• Outline of the HIPAA Security Rule.
• HITECH Expansion of the HIPAA Security Rule.
• Administrative Safeguards.
• Physical Safeguards.
• Technical Safeguards.
• Security in a Wireless Environment.
• Remote Access Security.
Senior Management IT Challenges
Organizing Information Technology Services
• Information Technology Functions.
• Organizing IT Staff and Services.
• In-House versus Outsourced IT.
• Evaluating IT Effectiveness.
IT Alignment and Strategic Planning
• IT Planning Objectives.
• Overview of Strategy.
• Vectors for Arriving at IT Strategy.
• The IT Asset.
• A Normative Approach to Developing Alignment and IT Strategy.
• IT Strategy and Alignment Challenges.
• Characteristics of Strategic Thinking.
• Complementary Strategies.
• Strategy Evolution.
• Governing Concepts.
• The Competitive Value of IT.
IT Governance and Management
• IT Governance.
• IT Effectiveness.
• IT Budget.
Management’s Role in Major IT Initiatives
• Managing Change Due to IT.
• Managing IT Projects.
• Understanding IT Initiative Failures.