Steel has been used in construction of tall buildings since the 19th Century but nowadays steel has become an option for smaller buildings and even personal residences.
Steel is a “Recycle” product, thus we can use recycle steel in construction of buildings and other civil structures.
Steel has many advantages than concrete, faster method of construction meaning better for business. Because of its increased durability and low maintenance, it is an attractive building material.
Thus understanding steel and learning how to design steel structures will help to prepare for the future industry.
Steel has been used in construction of many skyscrapers in USA, and other developed and developing countries.
Use of steel is not limited only to buildings, but in petroleum industry, steel is in abundance.
- This course will provide all the basic knowledge on steel structures, its advantages and will teach on how to design steel components like beams, columns and slabs.
- This course will provide the modern techniques in analysing steel structures with proper training with Structural Software.
Who should take this course?
- Contractors, civil engineers, and other construction related companies can take this course to understand about the importance of steel in construction industry.
- Anyone who is willing to be a part of the “Future in Advances of the Construction Industry”.
Why should you take this course?
5 day course, you will be able to design your own steel structures with foundation design with the knowledge of computer software.
Introduction to steel structures
- Advantages of steel over concrete
- Use of steel in different forms in construction
- Different types of steel framing system
- Analysis of steel structures
- Codes of practice in design of steel structures
- Selection of right steel structural system
Designing of steel structures
- Analysis and design of steel composite beam
- Analysis and design of composite slabs
- Analysis and design of composite beams with web openings
- Analysis and design of USFB(ultra shallow floor beams) a new steel beam which is economical
- Staad Pro V8i software training
- Analysis and design of steel Portal Frame, most used in construction of Industrial buildings
- Bolted connections between beam and column with using new methods
- Analysis and design of built-up column
- Analysis and design of multi-storey columns
- Analysis and design of Crane beams
- New methods of connection
Basic introduction to Finite Element software
- Basic training on Abaqus , which is highly used in structural engineering companies for design of steel structures
- Fabrication and erection of steel structures
- Preparation of drawings of steel structures
- Protection and prevention of steel structures
- Understanding of damage caused to steel structures
- Basic introduction to foundation and understanding of soil types
- Designing of shallow foundation
- Designing of pile foundation
- Staad pro v8i training
- Review of week and Question and Answer session