Monday 06 Sep 2021
- Duration: One Week
- City: Madrid
- Fees: Classroom: 4300 GBP / Online: 1950 GBP
Monday 06 Sep 2021
This exceptionally captivating course focuses on building up all the essentials fundamentals to enable those teaching and training adults to fully perform. The course characterises how job performance is managed and focuses on the delivery of process, knowledge based, behavioural and skill improvement.
This is a fast paced and highly rewarding course. Learners will explore adult learning and review design and delivery techniques to ensure maximum recall.
Leaders experience circumstances which call for motivating, coaching, correcting, counselling or solving problems with their people. Participants will recognise and master techniques that establish a more productive work force using these concepts.
– Identify how adults learn at work.
– Construct learning opportunities for maximum knowledge transfer and recall.
– Implement the art and science of enhancing employees’ performance.
– Write effective personal development plans.
– Test the methods of evaluating and coaching for higher performance.
Performing at Work
– Introducing the 4 key stages of managing performance
– The practices on which effective performance management is built
– The responsibilities of the individual and management
– Setting the standards – behavioural and performance
– How can we define good performance?
– Agreeing goals and objectives
– Knowledge, Skill, Attitude and Behaviour and introducing the Competency approach
– Adult learning for work and learning styles, including self-assessment questionnaire.
– Conscious Competence Model.
– Methods of enabling learning and whole loop learning.
– Transferring learning to the job including the effective use of coaching and giving feedback.
– Johari Window.
– The training cycles.
– Ensuring recall.
– Delegate Motivation.
Training and Skill Mastery
– Continuous Improvement importance.
– Training or Development – defining both.
– Recognising Competencies to meet current job requirements.
– Learning objectives and personal development options.
– Designing training for recall and behavioural change, knowledge transfer methods.
– The importance of Pre and Post-course evaluations.
– Measuring the results of a training intervention.
– Development Plans effective usage.
Managing Performance at Work
– Purpose, characteristics, and use of the Performance Appraisal.
– The Annual Performance Review process.
– Collecting data (Performance and Behavioural) for the Appraisal.
– Setting and agreeing on Quantitative v Qualitative Objectives – SMART Objectives.
– Behaviours are important too – how the job gets done. Setting standards for behaviours at work.
– Measuring progress against objectives.
– Regular performance monitoring and assessment techniques.
– Formal management of poor performance – the disciplinary process.
Improving Job Performance- Performance Discussions (Behaviour-based).
– How to address any performance gaps.
– The effectiveness of “Ask” rather than “Tell”.
– Coaching Methods – the GROW Model and the characteristics of a coaching session.
– Motivational and Developmental feedback.
– Giving and receiving regular on-the-job feedback.
– Identifying Good Performance and motivational feedback.
– Identifying and responding to underperformance.