This course helps you to execute or update measurement systems in your administration or department. The course links action with strategy through success elements and performance measures. The course clears up the distinctions and links between critical success factors (CSFs), key results indicators (KRIs), and key performance Indicators (KPIs) clarifying how each ought to be utilized and how to pick the essential couple of measures from the many indicators that most companies use.
By the end of this course, participants will learn to:
- Understand the benefits of using a useful Performance Measurement System.
- Deploy a functional methodology for expanding and achieving performance metrics.
- Address the human factors of achieving a performance measurement system.
- Style and improve Dashboards and Scorecards in Excel.
- Estimate and choose success factors/CSFs and performance measures/KRIs/KPIs.
Understanding the current situation and the need for change
- The importance of performance measurement.
- Current strategies of measurement and common weakness.
- Linking Strategy to Action.
- Determining Critical effective Factors.
- Excel: Scorecard and Dashboard chart sorts and variations.
- Exploration of particular performance metrics – financial perspective.
Driving the Mission statement/goals into the organisation through Success Factors
- The perspectives of the organisation.
- Aspects of Key Performance Indicators.
- Bases for effective management: The top Practice Model.
- Performance indicators, KPIs, outcomes indicators, KRIs.
- Excel: Textual dashboards and in-cell charts.
- Exploration of particular performance metrics – process perspective.
Planning to implement performance measurement
- How to improve and measure Performance Metrics.
- The 6-phase model for accomplishing an effective Performance Measurement System:
- Implementation Phase 1: obtaining management commitment and choosing a successful team.
- Implementation Phase 2: arranging for success.
- Excel: dealing with dynamic data.
- Exploration of particular performance metrics – client perspective.
Developing and Implementing Success Factors and Performance Measurements
- Specifying and running human factors in performance measurement.
- Implementation Phase 3: describing the efficient factors and measurements.
- Implementation Phase 4: achieving the system company-wide.
- Implementation Phase 5: completing the metrics and furnishing a reporting structure.
- Excel: designing together Dashboards and Scorecards.
- Exploration of particular performance metrics – comprehending and evaluation perspective.
Post Implementation: Maintenance and Embedding the Performance Measurement System
- Implementation Phase 6: The ultimate success of an embedded system and Maintenance
- Implementation studies.
- Presentations, personal plans and commitment to conduct.
- Excel: progressed advantages and skills for Dashboards and Scorecards.
- Review and conclude.