Monday 19 Oct 2020
- Duration: One Week
- City: London
- Fees: 3850 GBP
Monday 19 Oct 2020
This in-depth course is designed to equip potential HR leaders with the experiences and thinking needed to bring HR to the Boardroom and take its rightful position at a strategic level.
Numerous HR Professionals find that their ability to advance their career within their organisations to higher management and board level is limited not by their ability and skills but rather by the perception that HR is not always a mainstream and strategic activity.
The ability to present persuading arguments at the highest level for investment in people in terms of training, advancement and associated HR activities demands experts who are regarded as highly competent and respected for their knowledge and visible contribution to the bottom line. This ability is a critical skill for all ambitious HR professionals. The course will equip delegates with the necessary skills and confidence.
– Welcome the contribution of HR to the overall success of the organisation.
– Value the connections among HR and other success critical activities.
– Distinguish and develop critical skills needed for strategic decision-making.
– Create compelling persuasive and discursive skills.
– Demonstrate the HR Professional and their function as competent and respected.
HR Functions, relation to other functions and the operating environment
– Enhancement of HR from welfare to business partner.
– Specialist methods.
– establishing bridges with other functions.
– Comprehending the internal environment.
– Comprehending the external environment.
What is Leadership, Management versus Leadership, Styles of Leadership
– What is Leadership?
– Differences between Management and Leadership.
– Comprehending and applying different styles.
– Making the transition from Manager to Leader.
Importance of a Professional persona, placing the HR function at the forefront
– Marketing the HR function.
– Developing personal image and getting respect.
– How to become an expert communicator?
– ‘Master class’ session in presentation skills.
Strategic Thinking and Decision Making
– Strategic versus tactical thinking.
– Models of decision-making.
– Summing information into meaningful argument.
– Demonstrating a logical argument.
– Comprehending and dealing with disagreement and objections.
– Handling conflict and confrontation.
Analysing data to comprehend trends and make accurate forecasts
– Turning HR Data into information to understand trends.
– Making numbers easy to understand.
– demonstrating data.
– establishing forecasts based on analysed information.