Sunday 27 Sep 2020
- Duration: One Week
- City: Dubai
- Fees: 3740 GBP
Sunday 27 Sep 2020
This is a unique course for supervisors, first-line managers or team leaders that are just starting or making a transition in their roles, as well as experienced second-level managers, who are willing to learn new skills or want to reassess their role in order to perform more effectively in their organisations.
To enrich the understanding of the scope of the supervisor’s role and the processes involved in supervising, in order to develop a strategy for developing the effectiveness of the team they are managing.
Recognise the essential soft skills supervisors need to utilise in order to lead efficiently.
Audit the personal working practices and managerial style.
Build up a strategy to support and develop the performance of each member of their staff.
The Supervisor’s Role and Scope of Competences
– Course introduction and setting the objectives according to the participant needs.
– The scope of the role and responsibilities of the team leader.
–The crucial soft skills supervisors need to have, including delegation.
– The different management styles – a discussion of leadership models.
Team Dynamics and Team-Leading
–Types of teams, team formation and team role theory.
– Resolving team conflicts and conformity; techniques.
– Setting targets and monitoring the flow of work.
– Identifying and solving problems.
Managing Performance and Communication
– Motivational factors in the workplace and techniques to motivate team members.
– Staff performance appraisal.
– Managing team meetings, setting objectives effectively.
– Giving and receiving feedback and assertiveness.
Personal Effectiveness and Communication
– Speaking and listening skills, body language.
– Communication methods in the workplace.
– Fundamental principles for time management, planning and setting priorities.
– Dealing with interruptions, understanding, and managing stress.
Managing Change and Continuous Improvement
– Change in a business environment.
– Concept of skills audit for identifying areas of development.
– Coaching, mentoring and staff developing.
– Summary and personal development plan.