Monday 02 Mar 2020
- Duration: One Week
- City: Paris
- Fees: 3950 GBP
Monday 02 Mar 2020
Mastering Supervisory Skills is an important and interactive course tailored to help experienced and second-level supervisors take stock of their roles and to build up the skills and approach they need to perform effectively in the modern organisation.
– extend the comprehending of the supervisor’s role and the processes of managing up, down and across the organisation develop a strategy for developing the effectiveness of the teams.
– Build up a strategy to support and develop the performance of each member of their staff.
– Audit the personal working practices and managerial style.
Course introduction/The Supervisor’s Role and Competences
– Programme introduction and objectives.
– Action planning.
– Roles and responsibilities of the supervisor.
– The competency concept – measuring actual behaviours against the model.
– Comprehending organisational culture and Developing a network of relationships and influence.
Delegation and Management Style/Team-Working and Leadership
– Delegation skills and empowerment.
– Management style – ‘situational’ & ‘differential’ leadership models.
– Group dynamics and team formation.
– Conflict and conformity in group situations.
– Problem solving and decision making.
– Managing team meetings.
Communication Skills/Managing Performance and Relationships
– Enhancing communications and relationships.
– Dimensions of staff performance.
– Practical motivation.
– Appraisal – case studies in performance management.
– Coaching and developing staff – the skills of on-job training.
Managing Performance and Relationships/Personal Effectiveness and Time Management
– People problems and problem people.
– Constructive criticism – giving and receiving.
– Fundamental principles for time management.
– Managing time with other people in mind.
– Planning and priority setting.
– Interruptions and accessibility.
– Comprehending stress and managing stressed staff.
Managing change and continuous improvement/action planning
– Concept of continuous improvement.
– Improving systems and processes – engaging and enthusing the team.
– Creative thinking techniques.
– Implementing change.
– Influencing skills – making a case and managing the ‘politics’.
– Action planning and programme review.