Monday 10 Feb 2020
- Duration: One Week
- City: Paris
- Fees: 3850 GBP
Monday 10 Feb 2020
Working in teams is much more effective than working with the old fashioned bureaucratic management. This has been well illustrated by first the Japanese experience and later in other countries around the world. But the transition from hierarchy to teamwork requires the study and application of the principles of team style management.
In this Course you will learn how to:
– Improve your team leadership skills.
– Motivate and manage your people for effective accomplishment.
– Deal effectively with conflict in a team.
– Build a high-performance team.
– Distinguish the difference between ineffective and effective teams.
– Assess the different team player styles and their impact.
– Devise a strategy to manage the team through the stages of development.
– Discover techniques for improving their personal performance as a team leader.
– Test the art of motivating employees.
– Try methods of dealing with conflicts between team members.
– Review strategies for handling difficult people.
Building a High-Performance Team
– The Achievement of Teamwork.
– High Performance Team Masterplan.
– Recognising Effective Team Behaviours.
– Identifying Ineffective Team Behaviours.
– Comprehending Team Player Styles.
– Handling Obstacles to Effective Teams.
Leading Different Types of Teams
– Employing Teams.
– Creating Virtual Teams through Technology.
– Overcoming Resistance to Teamwork.
– Meeting Team Performance Challenges.
– Comprehending the Stages of Team Development.
– Essential Skills for Team Leaders.
Self-Motivation and Development
– Harnessing the Power of Your Abilities.
– Choosing Empowering Beliefs and Values.
– Building Your Self Confidence.
– Maintaining a Positive Attitude.
– Strengthening Determination and Commitment.
– Turning Ideas into Action.
Dealing with Team Conflict
– Defining Team Conflict.
– Comprehending the Causes of Conflict.
– The Thomas-Kilman Conflict Mode Instrument.
– Dealing with Different Learning Styles.
– Managing Conflict Effectively.
– Obtaining the Benefits of Productive Disagreement.
Dealing with Difficult Team Members
– Common Causes of Difficult People on a Team.
– Types of Difficult People.
– Adopting an Assertive Approach.
– Models for Effective Counselling.
– Managing the Difficult Team Member.
– Dealing Appropriately with Personal Criticism.