Monday 07 Dec 2020
- Duration: One Week
- City: London
- Fees: 3850 GBP
Monday 07 Dec 2020
Handling office services is often shared and / or given low need, with the result that efficiency and cost-saving opportunities are lost. This in-depth course covers all the relevant topics in a day and can be tailored to the very different needs of FM professionals or those without an FM background at all.
– Practical guidance on space audits and relocation projects.
– Tips on cost-saving opportunities.
– Advice on dealing with equipment suppliers and other third parties.
– A scope on health and safety requirements.
– Guidelines on supplier contracts.
– An in-depth knowledge on fire, security and emergency planning.
Comprehending the building
– Building structure.
– Utility services.
– Heating, ventilation and air conditioning.
– Energy and environmental issues.
– Planning maintenance.
Managing the space
– What are the functional requirements?
– What are the physical constraints?
– Designing for flexibility.
– Ergonomics and choice of furniture.
– Comprehending plans.
– Managing relocation.
– Cost-saving opportunities.
Managing the equipment
– Computers, cabling, printers, etc.
– Photocopiers, fax machines, etc.
– Vending machines and kitchen equipment.
– Understanding supplier contracts.
– Rent or buy decisions and other cost-saving opportunities.
Managing health and safety
– Legal requirements.
– Risk assessments.
– Accident reporting.
– Fire safety.
– Security policy.
– Managing security staff / contractors.
– Emergency planning.
– Disaster recovery.
Managing third-party relationships
– Dealing with landlords and managing agents – know your rights!
– Selecting suppliers for goods and services.
– Managing suppliers and contractors.
Managing the ‘out of office’ experience
– FM responsibility for homeworkers.
– Whose equipment?
– Health and safety issues.