Monday 12 Apr 2021
- Duration: One Week
- City: Madrid
- Fees: Classroom: 4300 GBP / Online: 1950 GBP
Monday 12 Apr 2021
This in-depth and interactive course explains how to apply some of the most important practices in one of our nation’s largest, most important, and increasingly complex industries. It explains the vital concept of “relational coordination”, Coordinating work through shared goals, shared knowledge, and mutual respect.
By the end of this course you should be able to:
– Recognise weak areas of relational coordination within your organization.
– Transform work practices that are creating barriers to relational coordination.
– Establish a high-performance work system to foster consistent relational coordination across all disciplines.
– how to achieve this crucial dynamic, providing a long-awaited cure to an industry in crisis.
– Identify industry-level obstacles to high performance healthcare and discuss how individual organizations and their leaders can support sweeping change at the highest levels.
– The challenges we face.
– What is rational coordination?
– How rational coordination drives quality and efficiency performance.
Building a High-Performance Work System
– A different kind of high performance work system.
– Select for team work.
– Measure team performance.
– Reward team performance.
– Resolve conflicts proactively.
– Invest in frontline leadership.
– Design jobs for focus.
– Make job boundaries flexible.
– Establish boundary spanners.
– Connect through pathways.
– Broaden participation in patient rounds.
– Develop shared information systems.
– Partner with your suppliers.
– Combine work practices to build a high-performance work system.
Getting from Here to There
– Respond to pressure with resilience.
– Transform your organization in a systemic and sustainable way.
– Make unions your partners, not adversaries.
– Support change at the industry level.