In this intensive five-day course, Learners will be provided with the necessary skills and knowledge to deliver the HR practices professionally and efficiently whether they are HR Professionals or Line Managers who wish to ensure that their employees get the most out of their working experience.
The practice of Human Resource Management has developed in order to support managers and employees viably and efficiently. Human Resources Practice covers a range of key exercises which will be examined in this five-day programme.
- Comprehend the key activities of HR to help the achievement of the organisation’s objectives.
- Identify that managing people is a shared activity with Line Managers and HR.
- Recognise and enhance important skills in crucial areas to ensure the right people in the right place at the right time.
- Demonstrate & handle constructively with any performance/behavioural issues at an early stage and ensure maximum contribution from all employees.
- Develop people to their optimum capability.
- The Foundation: Effective Recruitment & Selection.
- The role of vital Recruitment and Selection in helping the business achieve its goals.
- setup job descriptions, person specifications and competencies required to prepare for the process.
- Joining selection techniques to achieve better predictive accuracy.
- The differences between biographical, critical incident and criteria-based interviewing.
- Plan & conduct a ‘fair’ interview and other assessments.
- Making the right decision.
Training & Development
- Vital role of Learning to the success of the organisation.
- Recognising Learning Needs & Learning Styles.
- Leadership Training.
- Training and Development Solutions.
- Coaching and Mentoring.
- Management Training.
Talent Management & Succession Planning
- What is Talent Management?
- Recruiting & Selecting Talent.
- On-boarding Talent.
- Succession Planning – tools and techniques.
- Development of Talent – tools and techniques.
- Role of Employee Engagement and fostering it.
- The Performance Management Cycle.
- Holding Effective Review Conversations.
- Setting Objectives and Performance Standards.
- Causes of Poor Performance & Dealing with Poor Performance.
- Performance Management and the Disciplinary Process.
- Giving and Receiving Feedback.
Motivation, Reward & Incentives
- Problems of Comprehending Motivation.
- Theories of Workplace Motivation
- What’s Wrong with the Theories?
- Which Rewards Do People Value?
- What Makes People Committed?
- Employee Engagement.