This course is for Human Resources professionals or those who are about to start a career in Human Resources. The programme is also essential for experienced admins and managers in Human Resources who wish to update their knowledge and skills about the cutting-edge techniques in the various Human Resources functions.
- Identify communication and explain its importance to the work of HR professionals.
- Produce written HR correspondence and sample HR reports.
- Amplify the basic skills of conflict resolution including influencing.
- Comprehend the main principles of business and report writing.
- Apply basic coaching techniques in HR specific circumstances.
- Explain the keys of customer service in HR and the steps to establish the required mindset.
Human Resources and Communication
- Definition of Communication.
- Communication in HR.
- Questioning Techniques.
- Listening and Empathy.
- Characteristics of an Effective HR Communicator.
- Interviewing Techniques:
- The STAR Technique
- The FACT Technique
- The Probing Technique
- The Leading Technique
- Public Speaking fundamentals.
Client-Centric HR Departments
- Understanding Customer Service.
- Internal Customers versus External Customers.
- The significance of Customer Service in HR.
- Establishing a Customer Service Mentality in the HR Department
HR Business Communication and HR Report
- Fundamentals of Business Writing.
- Writing HR Reports.
- Common Mistakes in Writing HR Correspondence and Reports.
- Examples of HR Correspondence and Reports.
Conflict Resolution: A Required Skill for HR Professionals
- Definition of Conflict.
- Sources of Conflict in HR.
- Influencing Skills.
- Thomas Kilmann Conflict Model.
The 5 Principles of Coaching for HR Professionals:
- Principle 1: Feedback
- Principle 2: Accountability
- Principle 3 Challenge
- Principle 4: Tension
- Principle 5: Systems
- The “TGROW” Model of a Super Coach (Topic, Goal, Reality, Options, Will).