Monday 18 Jan 2021
- Duration: One Week
- City: London
- Fees: Classroom: 3850 GBP / Online: 1925 GBP
Monday 18 Jan 2021
This course is intended to direct buyers and managers of FM services through the process of building up a procurement strategy to address business needs and accomplish a ‘best value’ solution.
Participants will be shown the best way to decide the right procurement strategy through profiling current services, comprehending the real service requirements and setting up the true cost of service delivery.
The structure and substance of service contracts and how to indicate services clearly and concisely will be explained and participants will figure out how to set important service levels to assist performance measurement and control costs. Selection of bidders, the management of a clear tender process specific to services and winning negotiation techniques likewise be explained. The interrelationship between procurement and service delivery will be explored, as will the criteria for successful mobilisation and day-to-day management.
This course will improve the participants’ commercial awareness and enable them to:
• Determine appropriate contract strategies.
• Recognise opportunities for service level improvements and cost savings.
• Comprehend service contracts.
• Manage the tender process.
• Start contracted service provision effectively.
• Manage contracts and resolve disputes.
The Procurement Process
• Setting procurement outcomes.
• Who should be involved.
• Reviewing current service provision.
• Service profiling.
• Current cost and future budget.
• Impact of business objectives.
• Determining a contract strategy.
• Driving out unnecessary costs.
• Setting expectations.
• Culture and constraints.
• Planning and control.
• Contractual relationship style (partnering, alliance, etc).
Comprehending Service Contracts
• Contract document structure.
• Terms and conditions.
• What type of specification?
• Pitfalls of supplier contracts.
• How to draft service specifications.
• How to structure pricing schedules.
The tender process
• How to control the process.
• Deadlines and responsibilities.
• Getting the best from bidders.
• Structured evaluation methods.
• Understanding the price!
• Running an effective tender board.
• Interviewing and negotiation techniques.
• Completing the deal efficiently and effectively.
• Resourcing (client, contractor).
• Communication issues.
• Establishing working relationships.
• Interpreting the contract.
• Setting KPIs.
• Meetings and documentation.
• Anticipating and resolving common problems.
• How to focus on strategic management.
• Driving innovation.
• Managing performance and costs.
• Measurement made easy.
• Dispute management.
• Reviews, development, extensions and re-tendering.
• Useful tips on managing specific services.