In today’s fast moving environment, customers are more demanding and competition more intense. In the public sector there is an increasing demand from taxpayers for public sector operators to deliver best value in the provision of public services. Having an internationally recognized Quality Management System (QMS) allows you to enhance organizational performance and increase customer satisfaction. ISO 9001:2015 would help your organisation deliver and drive continual improvement in your services. This course would help you identify the structure and requirements of an effective QMS. You will gain the required skills to conduct a base-line review of your organization’s current position and implement the key principles of ISO 9001:2015.
- Learn the fundamental principles to Quality Management Systems (QMS)
- Understand the benefits of adopting an efficient QMS to improve service quality.
- Understand key concepts, clauses and requirements of ISO 9001:2015
- Establish a framework for implementing ISO 9001:2015 following the PDCA cycle (Plan-Do-Check-Act).
- Conduct a baseline review of your organization’s current position with regard to ISO 9001:2015.
- Develop your knowledge on how to plan for improvement and rectify errors.
- Implement key requirements of ISO 9001:2015 in your organisation.
Quality Management and ISO 9001:2015
- What is a Quality Management System (QMS)?
- The benefits of an effective QMS to an organisation
- Understanding the core concepts of ISO 9001:2015 QMS standard
- Conducting a baseline review of an organisation’s current position with regard to ISO 9001
- Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA)
- Building a project management process and the link to PDCA
- Planning for the QMS including Risks and Opportunities
- Conducting an audit gap analysis
- Documenting information and required records
- Developing policies and objectives
- Implementing the key requirements of ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System.
- Developing a framework for monitoring, measurement, analysis and evaluation.
- Understanding the role of Internal audit in QMS
- Understanding the role of Leadership and Management in delivering an effective QMS.
Understanding key ISO 9001:2015 clauses in the context of the public sector
Understanding Quality Management in the context of your organisation
- Understanding the organisation in relation to quality management
- Understanding the needs and expectations of key stakeholders
- Quality Management System (QMS) and processes
- Determining the scope of QMS
The Role of Leadership
- Commitment to quality management
- Customer Focus
- Establishing a quality policy
- Organisational roles, responsibility and authorities
- Addressing risks and opportunities
- Determining quality objectives and plans to achieve them
- Change management – undertaking changes in a planned and systematic manner
Support for the Quality Management System
- Resource requirement
- Organisational knowledge and competences
- Raising awareness, developing a communication strategy
- Documentation requirement
- Operational planning and control
- Design of services and determination of requirements including service review
Monitoring, measurement, analysis and evaluation
- Internal Audit and performance evaluation
- Management review
Making Improvement to Quality
- General – improving processes, services and the quality management system
- Taking corrective action
- Putting in place a system of continual improvement.