Sales management is the process of hiring, training, and motivating sales staff, coordinating operations across the sales department, and implementing a cohesive sales strategy that drives business revenues. Sales are the lifeblood of any organization and managing the sales process is one of the most important functions of any business.
The sales team within an organization is a powerful entity, they are the face of a business, able to make or break customer relationships and business reputations. A sales team needs to be focused, directed, energized, and engaged requiring skilled sales managers who are adept at wearing the many hats required by the role to achieve increasingly challenging targets.
This Five-day comprehensive programme provides essential knowledge and skills for sales managers/supervisors responsible for sales and effective route planning and coverage. The course covers how to develop your sales strategy process, identifying and building your sales team, concepts of value in sales management, and drivers of competitive advantage.
Who will benefit?
- Anyone who is involved with managing salespeople who wants to acquire knowledge in a structured manner that will assist the development of staff and teams in the shortest possible time.
- All sales professionals, aspiring to move up into sales management positions and for newly promoted sales managers.
- Experienced, newly appointed, and potential Sales Managers, as well as Senior Sales Professionals seeking an in-depth appreciation of sales leadership.
What Sales Management Skills will you learn?
- Managing displacement activities
- Describe what a successful sales team looks like and the characteristics of an effective sales manager
- Efficiently recruit high performing sales professionals into their teams
- Set clear, achievable expectations for their direct reports to inspire their team to succeed
- Build trust and strong relationships with their colleagues
- Coach and mentor their staff to develop a winning team
- Understand the process of skillfully motivating and leading a team of energetic individuals
- Run stimulating sales meetings that produce tangible results and push staff to want to do well
- Giving and receiving feedback
- Effective coaching
- Having courageous conversations
- Run effective sales team meetings
Managing Sales Teams
- Sales management functions
- What do Successful Sales Teams Look Like?
- Your Team
- Building Trust in Sales Teams
- Effective Sales Managers
Recruiting Sales Professionals and Setting Clear Expectations
- The Job Expectations
- The Selection Process
- The Induction Process
- Leading by Example
- Setting Short Term and Long Term Goals
- Building Trust in Your Leadership
- How to Get People on Your Side
- Effective Leaders
- Coaching Sales People
- Coaching vs Training
- The Coaching Process
- Inspect What You Expect
Motivating Sales Teams
- The Importance of Challenges
- Herzbergs’ Theory of Motivation
- What Can You Do To Motivate Your Team?
- Steps to Prepare for a Sales Meeting
- Guidelines for an Effective Sales Meeting
- Actions to Clarify Goals in Meetings
- Your Personal Action Plan