This course is designed for:
Professionals in private companies, NGOs, international organisations and governments who are currently involved in CSR, or would like to be involved in CSR, and wish to apply and embed the concept of CSR in their institution.
- Outline why Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is important in the public and private sectors.
- Examine how organisational conduct is impacted by CSR.
- List the approaches to initiate or improve CSR programs in their organisations.
- Identify the legal obligations company directors must observe concerning CSR.
- Identify how business ethics, CSR and corporate governance are converging.
- Create competitive advantage through CSR.
- Align CSR strategies with organisational goals and capabilities.
- Assess current initiatives and consolidate efforts around key objectives.
- Implement CSR at all levels of the organisation.
Introduction to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
- Fundamental Definitions of CSR.
- Corporate Citizenship Concepts.
- Historical Perspectives.
- Advancing View Points on CSR.
- Caroll’s Four Part Definition.
Why is CSR Important?
- Two Views of CSR.
- Should Corporations be Involved in CSR?
- Arguments for and Against CSR.
CSR and Ethics
- Definitions and Relationships.
- Business Ethics Developments.
- methods of Companies Integrate Ethics.
- Commitment in Global Code of Business Ethics.
- Making Decisions on Ethical Issues.
The Evolution and Revolution of CSR
The Rise and Fall of CSR.
- The Failure of CSR: 3 Curses.
- Embracing the Future: 5 Principles.
- Shapeshifting: From CSR 1.0 to CSR 2.0
Rules for Effective CSR Communication
- Rule #1: Act First, Talk Later.
- Rule #2: The Why and the Wherefore.
- Rule #3: Be Prepared.
- Rule #4: CSR Must Be a Boardroom Priority.
- Rule #5: Involve the Employees.
- Rule #6: Extract Messages.
- Rule #7: Everybody Is Different.
- Rule #8: Embrace Dialogue.
- Rule #9: Become an Example of Good Practice.
- Rule #10: Responsible Product Brands.
Challenges of CSR
Friedman versus Russell.
- Dimensions of CSR.
- Models of CSR.
- Common Mistakes in CSR.
- Factors to Consider in Business Case for CSR.
- CSR Implementation Framework.