Monday 05 Oct 2020
- Duration: Two Weeks
- City: London
- Fees: 7800 GBP
Monday 05 Oct 2020
In this extensive two-week course, both strategic leaders and first line experts will participate in how to enhance, implement and structure the changes important to make a new strategy, vision or mission work successfully in today’s dynamic climate.
Week one focuses on the advancement of the centre strategies and plan to make the organisation achieve its vision or targets, while week two drills further into the organisation to create techniques that get the workforce “on-board” with the changes and have them participate in working out the problems and implementing the new strategies. It is unequivocally suggested that strategic leaders attend both weeks.
Powerful strategic leadership is central to the future accomplishment of any organisation. This begins with defining a clear strategic vision – setting out the leadership team’s strategic intent for the organisation and its various businesses. This then needs to be translated into an agenda for action – not just a ‘strategic plan’ but a set of guidelines or a road map clearly setting out where the business needs to go and empowering managers at all levels to make the multitude of decisions that they need to make in the clear comprehension of where the business is heading.
This comprehensive ten-day course will help you learn how to:
-Build up the three key strategic agendas for leaders – Intellectual, Managerial and Behavioural.
-Distinguish the best balance of Operational Excellence and Breakthrough Strategic Performance.
-Identify critical strategic issues and opportunities.
-Practice and urge your co-workers to think differently and workout new initiatives and innovate.
-Change your condition to support your new strategic initiatives.
Strategic Planning, Development & Implementation
Comprehending the Strategic Environment
– Comprehending the strategic leadership competencies – intellect, management and behaviours.
– Comprehending and interpreting forces in the strategic environment.
– Comprehending strategic inflection points and strategic scenarios.
– Formulating strategic vision and expressing strategic intent.
– Analysing and prioritizing strategic issues.
Understanding Strategic Models and Paradigms
– The strategic journey – common models and frameworks for strategic thinking.
– Build up a strategic road map.
– Identifying and developing the characteristics of strategic agility.
– Comprehending and leveraging strategic competences and skills.
– Defining the outcomes.
Effective Strategic Implementation
– Strategic implying tools and frameworks.
– Structures and systems for strategic agility and performance.
– Recognising strategic horizons and using the 7S framework.
– Analysing the key elements for implementation.
– Measurement, analysis and knowledge management.
– Understanding the future.
– Effective styles and practices for strategic leadership.
– Identifying, analysing and developing the strategic leadership styles used by you and others.
– Developing inspiration and motivation.
– Communicating the road map and gathering support.
Driving Strategic Performance & Success
– Transforming the organization to enable strategic success.
– Monitoring and adjustment.
– Balancing the focus on performance and strategy.
– Spreading leadership capabilities throughout the organization.
– Maximizing organizational learning and knowledge transfer to embed strategic success.
Strategy, Leadership Innovation
Encouraging a Creative Climate at Work
– Innovative leadership for excellent performance.
– The Critical mass for change and innovation.
– Innovation VS Constant Improvement.
– How a Leader Creates a Climate of Innovation.
– Case Study on Most Innovative Companies.
– Innovation and current business breakthroughs.
Gaining the Participation of the Workforce
– The G.E. “Workout” Strategy.
– Developing Creative Solutions for Strategies.
– Gaining the “Buy-In” from the workforce.
– Overcoming Paradigms.
– Dealing with Organizational “Drift”.
– Case Study on Gaining Empowerment.
Leading on the creative edge
– Developing Creative Potential in People and Teams.
– Understanding Creative People.
– Convergent & Divergent Thinking Skills.
– Motivating Creative Individuals at work.
– Incubating ideas.
– Interacting creatively.
– Converting expenses to assets using creativity.
Creating a Motivating Climate for Higher Productivity
– The Ten Key Elements to Setting up new Missions.
– Setting Goals and Targets Creatively.
– Creating a “Sense of Significance”.
– Rewarding Performance.
– The Four Step “Pygmalion” theory.
– Generational Motivators.
Driving Strategic Change
– Managing the Change Process.
– Kotter’s Change Management Techniques.
– Communicating with a Sense of Urgency.
– The Downside of Change.
– Creating a climate of Constant Change.
– Successful techniques for Changing People.