Sunday 18 Oct 2020
- Duration: One Week
- City: Dubai
- Fees: Classroom: 3950 GBP / Online: 1975 GBP
Sunday 18 Oct 2020
Risk Management has developed and come to the fore in business thinking over recent years. specially, risk in supply chains has attracted attention. Factors such as supplier reduction, closer relationships and the development of lean or agile supply chains have increased dependency within the supply network.
Disruption or variability of supply can have severe ramifications on dependent supply chains. In consequence, the considerable management of supply chain risk and vulnerability is an increasing requirement and discipline for contemporary businesses.
On completion of this course, delegates will be able to:
• Establish the level of risk in supply chain.
• Recommend methods of avoiding, mitigating or managing those risks.
• This course is designed to enable you to undertake risk analysis and apply a range of appropriate risk management tools and techniques in supply chains.
The nature of risk affecting supply chains
• Analyse the main risks that can impact supply chains.
• Analyse the main methods for eliminating corruption and fraud in supply chains.
• Analyse the main operational risks in supply chains.
• Evaluate the main risks in supply chains that can impact organisational corporate social responsibility and sustainability standards.
How effective project management can mitigate risks in supply chains
• Analyse the main risks in supply chain projects that are addressed by effective project management.
• Compare project life cycle models that can mitigate risks in supply chains.
• Evaluate the contribution that project planning can make to managing risks in supply chains.
• Evaluate how the organisation, implementation, monitoring and control of projects mitigate risks in supply chains.
The main processes in managing risk in supply chains
• Analyse the use of contractual remedies for managing risks in supply chains.
• Analyse the use of outsourced third parties in risk management in supply chains.
• Evaluate the use of insurances for protection against risks in supply chains.
• Analyse the use of contingency plans to overcome risks in supply chains.
Risk management strategies to mitigate risks in supply chains
• Analyse the use of probability and impact assessments to manage risks in supply chains.
• Develop a risk assessment and a risk register to mitigate risks in a supply chain.
• Explain the development of a risk management culture and strategy to improve supply chains.
• Develop a strategy to mitigate risks in supply chains.