Sunday 20 Dec 2020
- Duration: One Week
- City: Dubai
- Fees: Classroom: 3950 GBP / Online: 1925 GBP
Sunday 20 Dec 2020
Warehouse operations are an integral part of a company’s business strategy. Efficient warehouse operations can ensure that a company ships and receives vital stock in time for replenishment on store shelves or in manufacturing facilities. Efficient warehouse operations do not happen by accident, but through adherence to a series of best practices initiatives.
Delegates will learn how to:
• Choosing the best combination of materials handling and storage equipment.
• Fasten order processing while cutting costs.
• Create an effective loss-control program.
• Determine the best warehouse layout.
• Measure warehouse performance to find trouble spots.
• Contains a multiple-choice examination and an examination case.
• Understanding Warehousing.
• The value of Warehousing.
• The objectives of Warehousing.
o Warehouse Resources.
o Customer Requirements.
• Design, Analysis, Control, and Maintenance of Warehousing Operations.
Building a Warehouse Plan
• Warehouse Planning Methodology.
• Space Planning for Receiving and Shipping.
o Define the Materials Received and Shipped.
o Determine the Dock Bay Requirements.
o Determine Other Vehicle Interface Requirements.
o Understanding the Allowances for Manoeuvring Inside the Warehouse.
o Understanding the Buffer Area and Staging Area Requirements.
o Understanding the Space Requirements for Dock-Related Activities.
• Space Planning for Storage Activities.
o Define the Materials to BE Stored.
o Determine the Storage Philosophy.
o Determine the Space Requirements for Alternative Storage Methods.
• Creating Preliminary Designs for Material Handling.
• Creating Preliminary Designs for Warehouse Layout.
Developing a Warehouse Information System Plan
• Warehouse Information Management.
• Establishing Information Systems Requirements.
o Develop a Graphical Representation of the System.
o Identify Decisions and Decision Makers.
o Write Requirements Statements and Define Data Needs.
o Determine Levels of Automation.
o Software Selection.
• Data Entry and Data Management.
• Writing Up the Information System Plan.
• Warehouse Equipment Planning Methodology.
o Define Functions to Be Performed.
o Identify Equipment Alternatives.
o Evaluate the Equipment Alternatives.
o Present Value.
o Evaluating Alternatives: A case Study.
o Select the Equipment.
o Identify and Select the Vendor.
Types of Warehouse Equipment
• Dock Equipment.
• Storage Equipment.
• Material Handling Equipment.
Personnel Planning and Selection
Planning Warehouse Staff Requirements:
• Determine the Tasks to Be Performed.
• Determine the Operating and Clerical Personnel Requirements.
• Determine Administrative Personnel Requirements.
Planning Warehouse Personnel-Related Areas and Services:
• Warehouse Offices.
• Food Services.
• Locker Rooms.
• Medical Facilities
• Safety Concerns
• Employee Parking