Competency-based management (CBM) is a method of raising overall organizational performance and overall employee capability without using traditional management practices that tend to be complex and therefore time-consuming. CBM, among other things, identifies patterns of order in the behaviour and development of highly productive workers and this distils the core competencies which characterize top performers and differentiate them as a group from average performers.
Competency management allows you to do workforce planning in your company to become better and more efficient. By tracking and managing everything in one system you can look up, carefully analyze a project and assign your best employees based on their competencies.
This course will walk you through the integrated process of implementing competency-based HR in your organization by applying the competency framework to basic HR functions, ensuring that the right people are in the right jobs and are developed and motivated in the right way.
At the end of Competency-Based Management Online Training Course the participants will be able to:
- Define a competency and understand the distinction between competencies, skills, and tasks
- Describe how to use competencies in public and private organizations
- Understand the difference between Leadership competencies, Technical competencies and Behavioural competencies
- Link competencies to organizational objectives and values – manage not only what staff do but how they do it
- Use competencies for recruitment and assessment; for development; for talent management; for performance management and succession planning
This Competency-Based Management Online Training Course is ideal for :
- Those who want to learn the skills involved in improving productivity or improving behaviour at work
- Those who are responsible for managing or supervising any type of person, group or team
- HR, Performance Management and Learning & Development professionals who are responsible for the design and delivery of competency-based HR and people related programs