Asset Cost Management Introduction
- Definitions of reliability, maintenance & asset management.
- The total cost of maintenance.
- Best practice reliability and maintenance processes.
- Elements of asset management best practice.
- Auditing performance.
- Overview of TPM, RCM, BCM, QCM, and other asset management buzzword.
- Open discussion sessions.
Laying the Groundwork
- Team-work maintenance, operations, stores.
- The importance of standards such as PAS 55, JA1011.
- Corporate asset management expectations.
- Asset performance expectations.
- The forms of asset failure and degradation.
- The causes and nature of asset failure and degradation.
- The effects, cost and risks of asset degradation.
- Practical Application and Open Discussion sessions.
Applying the Value based Process
- Breaking the cycle of failure and degradation.
- Select PM tactics on the basis of costs and risks.
- How to determine PM intervals.
- Condition based maintenance types and the PF-curve.
- The four important reliability functions.
- Implementing best practice maintenance programs.
- Optimising spares to support the maintenance program.
- Maintenance program cost and risk-based justification.
- Practical Application and Open Discussion Sessions.
Ensuring the Continuity of the Value-based Process
- Complete the PLAN, DO, REVIEW Improvement cycle with FRACAS.
- Failure Reporting, Analysis and Corrective Action System requirements.
- Structure and code data collection to support reliability analysis.
- How to quantify chronic failures and losses.
- Use Pareto analysis and stratification to focus the value-based analysis.
- Quantify losses in life cycle terms.
- Hypothesise root causes of failure and verify on the basis of evidence.
- Reliability Analysis Case Study.
- Discussion of software and templates to support analysis.
Supporting Process that Lower Life-cycle costs
- Planning and scheduling best practice.
- Cost effective man-power and skills deployment.
- Performance indicators to drive continuous improvement.
- Overall review of concepts learned.