As the data controller of your personal data, London Premier Centre is subject to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), effective from 25 May 2018.
This privacy notice outlines how London Premier Centre (also referred to as “we”, “us” or “our”) collects, uses and shares your personal data. It also explains your rights regarding the personal data we hold. The privacy notice relates to our processing of personal data of prospective students (also referred to as “you” or “your”) of London Premier Centre for marketing purposes.
What personal data we collect
We may collect details such as:
- your name, email address, telephone number (and other contact details if known) as well as other details such as date of birth, postal address, residency status, nationality, ethnicity, level of study, your areas of interest, educational history, CV, personal references, passport details, visa information, criminal record declarations, and entry test and interview information if required
- personal information about disabilities and dietary requirements to help us accommodate you at events
How we collect your personal data
There are numerous ways in which London Premier Centre may collect your personal data. These include:
- when you register your interest in London Premier Centre via our website
- when you communicate with us through our website, via email or telephone, or in person, e.g. when making an enquiry or requesting a prospectus
- when you respond to one of our marketing campaigns on a third-party website (including social media channels) and provide your personal data
We store any data you may have provided to us as an enquirer, on your application, throughout your studies with us or at any point after finishing the course.
How we use your information
We may use your personal data for a number of reasons such as:
- marketing and recruitment – for example, we may use your personal data to send you information about London Premier Centre, the subject area(s) you may be interested in, details about upcoming events, reminders about important deadlines, e.g. application deadlines, and other relevant services
- events – for example, to ensure we accommodate your requirements (e.g. those relating to a disability or dietary needs)
- to assess your application and create your student record (once you have applied to us)
- to provide you with career development support (once you have applied to us)
How we share your information with others
We may share some of your personal data with relevant third parties. This will be for the purposes referred to in this privacy notice. This may include disclosing limited personal data to employees, agents and contractors where there is a legitimate reason to do so, including:
- external marketing agencies, print suppliers or fulfilment houses we work with to send you relevant marketing communications
- third parties who provide us with essential software that is used to store and process your personal data. The centre will only transfer personal data to the receiving organisation who has provided they have adequate safeguards.
- internal and external auditors
- third parties conducting surveys for the purposes of gaining feedback about our marketing or events
Changes to your personal data
It is important that you tell us promptly about any changes to the information we hold about you, including your contact details. You can do this via the contact page on our website.
How long your information is kept for
We do not retain your personal data for longer than is required in order to provide you with relevant information or services unless you request us to do otherwise. We may retain some information indefinitely for archive purposes and to support your lifelong relationship with London Premier Centre.
Should you choose to stop receiving marketing communications, London Premier Centre is obliged to opt you out within 28 days.
The General Data Protection Regulation gives you the rights outlined below:
- to obtain access to, and copies of, the personal data that we hold about you
- to require that we stop processing your personal data on your request
- to require that we do not send you marketing communications
- to require London Premier Centre to make corrections to the personal data that we hold about you, if this is incorrect
- to require that we erase your personal data
Please note that the above rights are not absolute, and we may be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply.
If you have given your consent and you wish to withdraw it, please contact the London Premier Centre using the contact details below. Please note that where our processing of your personal data relies on your consent and where you then withdraw that consent, we may not be able to provide all or some aspects of our services to you and/or it may affect the provision of those services.
This privacy statement was designed to be as clear and concise as possible – it does not provide exhaustive detail of all aspects of London Premier Centre’s collection and use of personal data.
If you’d like to opt out of our marketing communications, please email firstname.lastname@example.org stating which channels (email, phone, text) you’d like to opt out of.
If you’d like to know more about how we process your personal information or have any questions, please contact the Data Protection Officer using the following details:
London Premier Centre
47 – 49 Park Royal Road
T: 0208 090 0464
You can also use the above details to request access to the personal information we hold about you.